Chapter 11 - Dinner!!

🍁"If You Can't Be Kind, Be Quiet"🍁

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bryce' P.O.V.

Standing there hearing his rapid heartbeat, I could feel the impact of the football on his back as his grip on my waist increased. He cursed under his breath and the push of the ball made him fall on me making his grip on me even close. I could feel his body radiating heat to mine. Feeling awkward and uncomfortable with the closeness, I immediately pulled away.

"Are you ok?", He asked. I just nodded looking at the ground. His touch was still lingering on my body.

"Thank you", I said and ran away. My heart was about to explode anytime from my chest. I took a right in the corner and stood talking the support of the wall behind. I placed a hand over my heart.

It's ok Bryce. That was nothing!!

A tap on my shoulder made me jump. Jimmy was standing next to me. He had a worried look on his face. He said, "Bryce, are you ok?".

I nodded and said, "Yes". Relief flashed across his face.

"I'm going to take Kyler back. His back hurts. Will you be able to be here alone? You can leave too. We can do the class next week", he said.

"Ok", I said.

"Ok, for what? You staying here or you leaving?", He asked.

"I'll leave too", I said and walked with him outside to the parking area. Kyler was sitting taking the support of his bike. I walked to him. He looked at me and Jimmy left us to get his car.

I hold the straps of my bag over my shoulder and looked into his chocolate brown eyes. I asked, "Are you ok?".

"My back aches", he said.

"Thank you for saving me. You don't have to do it although", I said and he smiled.

"Who will save you if it's not me? Your boyfriend is not here", he said patting my head pulling the cap a bit down.

"I can save myself", I said.

"I believe you but at that moment you needed me. Give me some credit for a change", he said and I just can't help but smile.

"Thanks again", I said.

"You look pretty when you smile", he said and my smile fades away. He chuckled.

"You don't take praises very well. I am learning new things about you", he said and I looked away in embarrassment.

"Why do you want to know me?", I asked.

"Because I want to be your friend", he said.

"Again, why?", I asked.

"I don't know. You tell me why do we make friends?", He asked.

"I don't have friends", I said looking at him. He made an 'O' at my response.

"I can't tell about others but I love making friends. I love talking to people, helping them and I like spending time with people who make me happy. Friends are those special people with whom you can share everything. Even those things which you can't share with your family or even your boyfriend or girlfriend, you can tell your friends", he said.