Chapter 26 - Making Progress!!

🍁"I don't miss calls,
I stare at them"🍁

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bryce's P.O.V.

I took two steps away from Timber as Kyler walked inside with his gaze fixated on me. His chocolate brown eyes were holding some inexplicable emotions. I averted my gaze.  Someone ask him to look away. Timber came and stood in front of me hiding me. I left a sigh of relief.

"You're Kyler. Did I guess it right?", Timber said forwarding his hand towards Kyler.

"Yes. And may I know your name?", Kyler asked.

"I'm Timber", he said.

"Nice to meet you", Kyler replied as both of them shook hands.

Stupid human interaction.

"Bryce, why don't you bring something for Kyler?", Timber said and I narrowed my eyes at him.

It's my birthday. I will not do any work, I thought.

"What will you have Kyler?", Timber asked.

"Coffee will be fine", he said as he looked at me.

"Bryce, two cappuccino please", Timber said. He just had one cold coffee with me a few minutes ago. His stomach is a black hole. How much caffeine will he take?

I didn't respond and walked to the kitchen. I'm better avoiding any more interaction. I made coffee for both Timber and Kyler but my mind was all about the conversation those two must be having. I heard Timber laugh once or twice. What joke did Kyler tell him? Kyler isn't funny. Timber is stupid. He can laugh on any lame joke.

The coffee was made. I nicely made two leaves on both the cups and walked out of the kitchen. I frowned as I saw Kyler sitting alone. Where did that stupid Timber go? Kyler read me as I walked to him and all I wanted was to hide somewhere.

"Why are you here alone? Where is Timber?", I asked placing the tray of coffee cups on the table. I initiated the conversation to kill the awkwardness.

"He left. He said he has some urgent errands to run. He asked you to close the cafe today", Kyler said. I slid a chair and sat next to him.

"He could have told me", I said more to myself and picked out my mobile. Timber didn't leave any text. He did this on purpose. He left two of us alone intentionally. I'll kill him next time I'll meet him. He must not play cupid if I'm not interested.

"Happy birthday", Kyler spoke and I looked up from my mobile screen. He had a smile on his face. But this smile of his was different. It lacks real happiness.

"Thank you", I replied with a social smile of my own.

Why are you so late?, I wanted to ask.

"I called you earlier", I told him.

It was needed.

He looked surprised for a second but later he simply nodded.  "I don't have my mobile with me. I must have forgotten it at home. I'm sorry for coming late", he said.

"It's okay. You came that's important. Please enjoy the coffee", I said as I picked up my coffee mug.

How much caffeine will you take? my inner self mocked me.