Dance with me.

//AN: this is pure fluff. Like it's so fluffy, it hurts.//

"Percy!" Annabeth laughed as a pair of strong arms wrapped around her. "What are you doing here?"

"Just wanted to give you this." Percy mumbled, smiling at her.

Annabeth turned to look at him, spotting the envelope that he was holding immediately. She took it and scanned the back, to find that it was blank. A shower of glitter cascaded to the grass beneath her as she opened it. "An invitation..?"

It was the one year anniversary of the war with Gaia; and that camp was having a dance to celebrate, which meant that the gods would be there too. Percy smirked at Annabeth. "I'll see you tonight at the dance?" He said, walking off towards the dining pavilion, smile still on his face.

---*time skip cos I'm lazy*---------------------

A squeal erupted from Annabeth siblings as she walked into the Athena cabin, half an hour late. Immediately, she was bombarded by them and pushed into a chair, make up and hair being done simultaneously. "Where were you?!" Her sister Kaytlin cried, bringing out what looked like a dress covered by a bag made of black silk. "You're late! Very late!"

Ten minutes later, Annabeth had a full face of make up and her hair done, and was eying the dress warily. It had been taken out of the bag, and was hanging from a hook in the door. The dress was a mint green, with a long flowing skirt and a simple sweetheart neckline.

 The dress was a mint green, with a long flowing skirt and a simple sweetheart neckline

(Annabeth 's dress)

"Don't you like it?" Kaytlin said, concerned. Annabeth denied the question and put it on, smiling at the mirror when she saw herself. A chorus of praise came from her siblings, who were all nearly ready as well. Annabeth reached for her camp necklace, only for her hand to be gently slapped away. Just then, there was a knock from the cabin door, throwing the cabin into chaos as they pushed Annabeth towards the door.

Percy stared at Annabeth, a soft breath escaping from his lips. She looked beautiful, her grey eyes shimmering in the moonlight. The dress had a slight sparkle to it, and as Annabeth blushed and started to walk towards him, Percy could have sworn that the world started to disappear.

"Percabeth!!!" Piper screamed, completely ruining the moment.

Snapping out of it, Percy led Annabeth to the big house, where the dance was taking place in the meeting hall. There were tables spaced around the edge of the hall, packed with jugs of drink and bowls of snacks. Some of their friends were crowded around one of the food tables, and the pair walked over to them.

--*time skip brought to you by 3am, the time I'm writing this*---------

The night was drawing to a close, and the last song was about to play. As the first few lines started to play, annabeth took Percy by the arm and walked over to the dance floor, laughing softly.

Percy smiled at her, then spun annabeth round as the music picked up it's rythem. The two danced alone for a moment, before a few other couples joined them. (IE Will literally dragging Nico to dance)

As the song came to an end, Percy slowly lowered himself down onto one knee, holding annabeth's hand. He looked up at her, while she was squealing and joyous, and proceeded to tie his shoelace.

Let's just say that the sounds of a certain son of posiden being chased (aha pun) around his cabin at 3am were quite loud, as was the laugher from Jason and leo.