6

I woke up in my bed, head pounding, loud male voices made me look over my room. I saw the clock say it was little past 6 and my stomach growled and told me it was way past time for dinner.

I got up and noticed my socks were now off, I walked out of my room slowly, trying to figure out who was here besides Charlie.

It was a man in overalls, he was standing next to a white box now mounted on my wall and I rubbed my eyes before making myself known.

"What's going on?" I asked and Charlie stopped and turned to me.

"You didn't have a security system so I called someone in to install one." He told me and I squinted at the box before looking at him.

"I don't need a security system." I mumbled and he gave me a small smile before nodding to the man.

"How about we set up the 5 digit code." The guy waved us both over and told us about how to make a new one if we ever needed to. I waited to have the whole "whose paying for this" conversation until after we chose the code and the man left, handing Charlie the paperwork.

"So, are you hungry?" Charlie asked, tossing the papers on my coffee table before walking to close the door.

"Yes..." I worked my jaw and looked from him to the new addition to my wall and he looked too.

"What? Are you worried you won't remember the code?" He asked me and I gulped.

"I can't afford to just pay for a new security system Charlie. I basically just quit my only income and I was barely surviving before the wedding disaster. That's a bill I can't afford even if I was doing well." I sighed and felt so embarrassed I turned as tears burned the corner of my eyes and I tried to go back to my room but Charlie's arm had me against his chest before I could turn down the hallway.

"What do you mean barely surviving?" He asked me, a deep growl in his voice and I gulped and kept my face away from his.

"Not a lot of people want to be married here... it snows in the winter and it's not to pretty in the other seasons." I told him with a shrug and I felt his breathing get slightly heavier when he tried to calm down. "It's something I deal with alone. I don't tell anyone-"

"You're going to tell me exactly what you need... right now." He lifted me, making me squeak out a 'whoa' before walking to the kitchen and putting me in my chair.

"I don't need anything." At least not from him.

"Don't you lie to me Yasmin. What would solve your problems? A winter wonderland getaway with a wedding deal package? A store for more than just wedding dresses? Your own clothing line sold across the nation? Tell me." Oh he was tempting fate asking those kinds of questions, and the small sparkle in his eye when he noticed me peeking up told me he knew.

"Nothing like that. I used to want to do dresses because that's what my mom loves and taught me to do, but it gets boring after a while. Not o mention slow." I shrugged and started playing with my fingers.

"Okay sprite.... listen to me. I will fund the one project that you want more than anything. You just have to tell what it is and why you want it." He smiles at me when he realized I didn't like the nickname.

"Why would you do that?" I asked him and moved to wipe my face a bit and look a little bit more like a woman than a crying child.

"Because little one... the other day when I saw you I realized that you were-" there was a loud bang of knocks before someone was shouting my name and I looked to him when I realized who that was.

"Stay here, I really don't want you two to fight." I begged and grabbed his hand, it was so natural, and I gave it a squeeze when he nodded. I got up quick, again feeling empty the moment we stopped touching and even more alone when I got out of the same room.