10

I slept in the next morning, I knew Charlie wasn't in bed so I stretched out and felt just a bit sore. I sat up and moved right to my dresser and pulled out a nightgown I've had forever and fluffy socks because it was cold.

I opened the door to my room and was hit with the smells of bacon and coffee. I pushed my lips together and moved almost silently and I saw Charlie in the kitchen still. Now making eggs and I just watched his body move and flex.

He was huge, his muscles and height. Just knowing he was in the house made me think I would never need that security system.

He was a large Yeti that any shifter should be afraid of. Yetis were known for their short tempers and 'barbaric' ways in how they treat their mates. But that was mostly because the last generation was from the 1800s since most hadn't found their mates.

Charlie was born in the same generation I was, so he couldn't want me to be his little mate that was only a baby maker.  He turned when I stepped inside and he sent me a smile.

"Good morning." He leaned down when I got close and gave me a kiss. I wrapped an arm around his side when he pulled away to finish the eggs. "Your coffee is on the table." He told me and I looked over to see two plates, orange juice in a pitcher, a cup of coffee that was still steamy and I snatched a piece of bacon as I went to sit down.

I chewed as he got things separated on plates before sitting down with his own coffee and I started to eat as he scarfed his plate like the other day at the diner.

"Charlie?" I giggled his name and he looked at me quickly as he chewed.  "No one is going to take your food."

"I know that." He told me and I smiled and started to eat. Once he was done he stood and leaned into my space, grabbing my chin to align with his.

"What was that for?" I asked him when he pulled back and inhaled my neck where he had bitten me.

"I have to go. The roof repairs are being done today. I know you're sore from last night, and I don't want you to clean the inn. Stay here and relax. I'll be back by lunch and then we can have a day in since the guys will be done." He told me and I just nodded to him and he smiled before leaning back in to give me another kiss.

"I just have one question for you." I told him when he pulled away and he nodded. "Why did you seem surprised I was a virgin? And why did you say you were going to kill Jason?"

"Just something he said during that holiday he spent with me." He told me and I just crossed my arms and waited. "Don't make me say it." He begged and I just looked away.

"Obviously he made you believe I let him have sex with me... did he at least say I was good?" I asked him and he didn't say anything. "Of course not. He had been talking shit about me that holiday which means he probably said I was crappy." Now I wanted to kill him. I wanted to find his smug ass and best him to a pulp.

"You are my mate now, fully. If he says another negative thing about you, I will do something about it. And I will not tell you what he said. I refuse to see you upset over him again." He sank to his knees beside me and I gulped and tried to put it in the back of my mind.

"Fine but one day... you will tell me all he said about me." I told him and he smiled.

"You will try." He leaned up and kissed me again. "I will get the mail as you finish then I will make more coffee for you and then run you a bath."

"Where did you come from?" I laughed out loud too hard as he just smirked. There was no way that he would be like this forever. Jason has been in the 'honeymoon' phase with me less than a month.