7

"Why are we at Jason's mothers old house?" It was snowing, my socks were now soaked because my shoes let snow on the very top and be didn't have tools to clear the snow to the porch.

"Because this is the house I wanted to show you." He lifted me onto the third step since I was struggling and then set me down to fish out some keys in his pocket.

"But this is-"

I stopped and remembered that he said his aunt left him a house here. "She left me this house because they told Jason to make his own. She knew I loved this house and the town. I never had something like this growing up. I moved too much."

"You miss her don't you?" I asked him, and it was a odd question because of course he did, it was his family.

"She was more of a mother to me than my own was. She was my fathers sister, and she used to send letters all the time, even if we moved she would ask me how I was and what I was up to." He gave a soft laugh before running a hand over his face and looking over at me.

"She was so nice to me, even after Jason and I broke up. She checked in on me when my mother died, sat with me at the funeral." He took my hand and set the key in it.

"It's yours. 18 bedrooms, 15 baths. A large kitchen, a sitting room. An amazing back yard. And it's so close to the mountain and ski lifts." He told me and I gulped and smiled before just simply taking his hand and moving to open the front door.

I couldn't get it open though, I pushed and was about to ram it with my shoulder when he stopped me and gave it a hard push and the door cracked but opened slowly.

Dust and bugs were everywhere. It was just as cold inside as it was outside and as I tried to hit the closest light switch nothing came on.

"Stay here I can flip the breaker." He told me and I just looked around what I could see and noticed all the family pictures handing up.

This was a family home... not an Inn. Looking at a few pictures made me start to feel bad about even thinking of using this place, but when the lights switched on and I realized there was no furniture and everything but the pictures had been taken I called out for Charlie.

"I'm sure someone took all the furniture and hopefully there wasn't anything too valuable. We should call the sherif." I told him when he can back towards me with worry on his face.

"No, I'm afraid that I let Jason take whatever he wanted." He told me and I felt so confused. If Jason took all the furniture then why did he leave every single picture behind, there was even stacks on the floor, some of table top frames... I didn't understand that.

"Why did he leave them?" I asked and moved to look at a couple, seeing me and Jason and his dad fishing on a boat, we couldn't be more than 7.

"Some of these are your memories too." He told me and showed off on of me and Jason at Prom.

"Wow, I forgot that we even took that. I didn't get a copy." I looked at more, mostly of happy memories and there was one of Jason's parents wedding in the 1920's. They were some of the few Yetis to wait out for their mate, Jason's father had been over 1000 years old and his mother close to 800. She used to tell me how she was so lonely because she was an the only girl and her parents had died when she was young. Her brothers had needed to do whatever they did and eventually they all found their mates and had kids.

She told me more about it after my own mother died, but I did grow close with her when Jason and I were dating.

"Do you think he'll want them?" I asked Charlie and he worked his jaw and looked at the walls.

"If he wanted them he should have taken them. We can leave all the ones of you guys being friends but I really don't like these." He held up one of Jason kissing my cheek at a holiday party back in high school, that was the same year we started dating, and I gulped.