12

I was pacing. Luke had delivered the beds the Friday after the tree lighting, and while they were amazing, he and Charlie were taking their times setting up and I had Lyla coming in to show me her menu with a couple taste tests for lunch.

I could hear the boys upstairs chatting and moving around when I guess the beds were set up, and I kept looking out the front windows waiting for Lyla to make an appearance. I was also looking out for Jason. Or Claire. They came back last night, and this morning Luke had finally run into him getting a coffee and they made a 'date' to talk about everything they were both up to. 

When he got here... all Luke could say was that Jason should already know this wedding was a bad idea. He was fed up, over tired, and looked stressed out to the max. I watched a couple cars roll by and I had to wonder if me quitting on making the dresses made it even worse for Jason.

I got lost in the snow and before I knew it there was a bright green beetle bug rolling into the front and I smiled as Lyla made her way out of it. She had a hand on her head as she jogged around her car to open the back and then she seemed uncertain what to grab first. I opened the door and walked out to see her trying to pile the containers and I smiled.

"Can I help?" I asked before she could lift them and she nodded and smiled.

"I'm sorry I am late. I was busy putting everything in to-go containers that I forgot I would have to dig my car out. Some of them might be a bit too cold now." She took half and a bag slung over her shoulder while I concentrated on not falling or slipping in the snow.

"That's alright, we got more of the equipment for the kitchen today. I hope you'll be comfortable with it." I told her as I led the way in, into the back of the house and set everything on the counter.

"Oh wow." Her eyes were bright as she looked at the shiny newly cleaned and polished marble and the new fridge, stove, and well... just about everything new was shiny. Even the plates and cutlery.

"We kept the receipts so if anything you want changed-"

"It's fine, as long as everything works." She laughed lightly, moved to set everything down and moved around the counter to run her fingers along the stove top.

"Well... Charlie is upstairs helping Lukas Tackett put everything together for the beds... how about you run me through your menu." I told her and she nodded and pulled on her bag before looking through a stack f papers before pulling out three sheets.

"I figured breakfast lunch and dinner." She blushed when I took all three and I must of looked surprised.

"What are the rest of the papers?" I asked her and she blushed even more.

"I made a few guesses as to what we would need stock wise for them all, and I have different dishes for special occasions like birthdays, valentines day?" She asked now and I just nodded and smiled at her. She was always so nervous, each time I saw her. When she was still in high school she had one friend, they did everything together and then one day he went off to school and she never left. I'm sure he hasn't been back since.

She moved around, making sure everything was warm and I focused on the soups, the salads, the meals, and drinks. She knew how to make a whole lot of things. I felt my stomach making room. And as soon as she opened a container with meatloaf I licked my lips.

What are you doing my love?

I heard Charlie in my head and I smiled and sent him a mental picture.

We're on our way down.

I smiled as she dished me food and put the rest on a serving dish she also took out of the bag her papers had been in. She looked up at the ceiling as we heard the guys coming down the 'servants' quarters to meet us.