seven

i groan as i stand up from my seat on the couch and make my way to the sink to put my cup in

i groan as i stand up from my seat on the couch and make my way to the sink to put my cup in. saying i was sore, was an understatement. i was also unbelievably tired, but duty called. i wrote a note to the roger and john, letting them know that i'd be at the record cafe if they needed anything. throwing my coat on, i walk out of the apartment and down the road. which was a challenge in itself. eventually, i found myself at the front of the cafe, i unlocked the doors and made my way inside. turning on the pots and kettle and grinding up the day's coffee beans. i put the queen album in the player and smiled softly upon hearing the drum solo in the beginning of the song. my mind straying back to the events of last night, but my thoughts are cut short by the sound of the coffee bean grinder sputtering. i immediately press the off button and mentally curse myself for not paying more attention. i take the grinds, pouring them into a jar and placing it on the counter next to the jar of tea leaves. i hear the bells by the door jingle indicating that somebody had walked in.

"bunny!"

i turned my body so quickly that i had almost given myself whiplash.

"lucas!" i yell, running around the counter to swoop up the small boy.

as expected, ashton runs into the shop slightly out of breath.

"lucas you can't just run off like that. you have to be at school soon." ashton says grabbing the small boys face.

lucas pouted and dropped his head.

"i just wanted to see bunny." he whispers.

my heart wrenches at the young boys voice.

"it's alright, you have plenty of time to get him to school. in the meantime, how does a cookie sound love?" i ask the pouting boy in my arms.

the boy smiles widely and nods his head frantically.

"careful lu, you'll hurt your neck doing that." i smile placing my hand on the small boys chin.

i place the boy at the seat of one of the two table we had in the small cafe and walk behind the counter to grab a small cookie from the cookie jar that was placed next to the tea and coffee. i wrap it in a small napkin and place the cookie in his lunch box.

"save it for snack time dearie." i smile patting the top of his head.

"okay bunny." he smile, throwing himself off of the chair.

ashton shakes his head, sighing.

"he's not even related to you in the slightest yet you're the only person he never listens to.

"well i have to listen to my girlfriend." lucas frumps.

i giggle and ashton pouts.

"lucas, honey has a boyfriend already."

lucas grunts at ashton and turns his back to him.

"i know. it's me."

i smile, leaning down to put his face in my hands.