twelve

luke screams as roger runs through the crowded fair with luke atop his shoulders, the boys running behind them making their way to one of the game tents

luke screams as roger runs through the crowded fair with luke atop his shoulders, the boys running behind them making their way to one of the game tents. my heart warms at the two who had grown quite close to each other after reaching their co-boyfriend agreement after lunch. mary loops her arm into mine and camila loops herself onto my other arm as we watch the four grown children interact with the one small child. 

"kind of makes you want to have kids no?" mary asks

i shake my head, laughing at her comment. 

"is today let's convince roger and honey to have a baby day?"

"no!"camila yells.

"yes." mary says simultaneously.

i roll my eyes and shake my head, chuckling.

"but i mean it even make me want to have a baby. just seeing the way that they are with him. and the relationship between luke and roger have changed so significantly. it's honestly so adorable."

i squeeze mary's arm and lean my head on her shoulder. 

"it really is. and i guess, in a way, it kind of does make me want to have a baby."

camila giggles and looks at the two of us. 

"why don't you just borrow luke when you have baby fever?"

mary and i shake our heads, looking at the younger girl. 

"well i guess we could do that. but it's a little bit different. it's like, oh you want a puppy? here, dog sit my puppy for a day. it's still a puppy, but it's not yours."

camila ponders the thought and i turn to mary. 

"have you and fred thought about having a baby?"

she shakes her head, sighing softly. 

"with how busy the band is going to get and everything going on, we just don't think it's the right time to bring  child into the world."

i nod and lean my head on top of hers.

"we should get a puppy together. you and me. all three of us. just adopt a puppy together."

"what are we? teenagers?"

"no, we're three women in love with eachother."

"in that case, let's get a whole litter."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"seriously, i can't thank you enough." 

ashton pulls the sleeping luke from rogers arms and rocks him slightly to soothe him. 

"it's no problem ash, really." i smile, leaning my head on rogers shoulder. 

"yeah, bring the little nug over whenever you need." roger smiles, wrapping his arm around my waist.