twenty four

(a/n): the moment you've all been waiting for

4 months later
i sit nervously in the restroom, bouncing my leg up and down. biting away at my nails. there's a soft knock on the door and mary walks in, kneeling down in front of me.

"you alright love?"

"i can't do it, mary."

she sighs sadly, kneeling up and standing next to me as i sit on the edge of the sink.

"you can do it. everything will be just fine."

"what if we don't make it?"

"you'll make it. you'll be okay. just go out there and tell them. rehearsals almost done."

"what if freddie feels like i'm stealing his thunder? what if this is all too much? i mean, the boys just got back together not even a month ago."

"stealing his thunder? honey he told the boys about his condition long ago. and they're just going to be stressed in the moment. it's a big performance. and that's completely different from-"

mary's cut off by a knock at the door and i immediately straighten up. my heart falling into my stomach. i quickly wipe the tears off of my face, taking a deep breath.

"yeah?"

"honey are you okay?"

"i'm fine babe. rehearsals done?"

"yeah, we're all gonna head back to the house"

i look over at mary, and she places her hand in mine, nodding and smiling softly at me.

"alright, you boys take the car. mary and i will meet you there. we're going to pop by the shops first."

"okay love. see you soon. i love you."

"i love you roger."

his footsteps recede and i push myself off the counter, brushing myself off.

"come on. let's go make some grown men cry."

"freddie won't cry."

"he might."

"he won't."

"you're right."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

the boys sat in our living room, laughing and drinking beers. reminiscing over stupid tour moments, as i paced back and forth in the kitchen.