thirty

the drive to the hospital was frantic and messy

the drive to the hospital was frantic and messy. so many rough turns and probably so many angry passerby's. i'm honestly surprised i hadn't given birth right there in the passenger seat of the car with all the tensing i was doing. the birth itself was an actual mess. roger couldn't stop shaking, out of nervousness, out of fear, and out of excitement. i was screaming every two seconds and roger had endured some angry words out of my mouth. so many tears and lots and lots of sweat. and it wasn't coming from me. 

"roger i swear to god, you're lucky we're in a hospital right now because as soon as these babies are born you're getting a vasectomy."

"honey you don't mean that."

"rog i will shave your head with a scalpel right now. do not play this game with me."

"are you sure we can't get her an epidural?"

"oh so i need to be drugged up to be pleasant? well guess what sweetheart, birth isn't pleasant. so if i'm in pain, we both have to be in pain."

"i mean, emotional pain is more difficult to overcome than-"

"are you really trying to tell me your hurt feelings are worse than my body being split in half right now?"

"i just won't say anything else and you'll let up."

"i'll let up once these babies are pushed out of my womb."

needless to say, i sent many apologies his way once the babies were born and he gladly accepted them. confessing that it'd make a great story once the twins were old enough to hear it. as we cradled our babies in our arms, both of us cramped onto this one tiny bed, both of us dripping in sweat and tears. my face red and blotched. but everything was perfect. they were finally here. our babies. our perfect little babies. our little girl, her mouth constantly moving. no noise came out, but if she was awake, her tongue was out and about. as if she could taste the oxygen. our little boy, wide eyed and extremely curious. always looking at something, hands always clamped around mine or roger's fingers. 

"you did so good baby, they're perfect."

"we did good, rog. we did good."

~~~~~~~~~~~

as soon as they were allowed, the rest of the boys came tunneling in. and the women followed. mary immediately in tears as i handed her our little boy. 

"you're about to have one of those in a couple of months."

she sniffles nodding her head. 

"yeah. yeah i am."

john smiles widely as roger carefully hands our girl over to my brother. roger watching his every move, as if at any moment, john was going to drop her. brain gleamed at the babies so brightly it could've blinded them, and our little girl already had him wrapped around her finger the moment she let out a tiny whimper in his arms. freddie grabbed both babies from brian and camila, holding them each with one arm and walking around the hospital room, talking to them as if they were full grown adults. 

"you know fredalina and fred-"

"that's not their names fred"

"this hospital has an absolutely atrocious waiting room. had i not been waiting for your guys' arrival, i would've had an absolute fit. i almost did, but old guy bri over there told me they'd kick me out. and then i would've had to have a right out brawl. because nobody is ever taking me away from you two. nope. never."

roger kissed my forehead softly  as we watched our friends lovingly gaze at our two children. i look up at him, sending him a nod. he nods back and looks up, clearing his throat. 

"you guys want to know their names?"

everyone eagerly nods, freddie nods a bit too harshly, making the babies whimper in his arms. he gasps, holding them closer to him. 

"so sorry babies. you're parents excited me. blame them."

we chuckle shaking our heads. and i motion for freddie to bring my babies over to us. he pouts, but gently lowers them into my arms, roger immediately taking our little girl, cradling her into his chest. i smile up at roger who angles our little girl towards our group of friends, who stand eagerly around the hospital room. 

"everyone, meet richard frederic taylor." i smile as i prop up richie against my shoulder. 

john gasps and freddie smiles, clapping his hands softly. and roger smiles turning his body to face our little girl more towards out friends. 

"and this little angel, is mary may taylor."

mary lets out a sob as brain places his hands on his knees, taking deep breaths. 

"keep it in brian, you. are. a man."

"actually, bri. before you start, roger and i had something we wanted to ask you and mary."

they both nod eagerly, walking closer to us. roger kisses my head softly, and i nod up at him. 

"would you be their godparents?"

mary lets out a loud sob as she nods her head eagerly, brian just completely falling apart. 

"oh god yes. but please, give me a moment to recollect myself. i- i'm not well." he sobs.

everyone laughs and crowds around the bed as roger sits on the bed next to me, his legs dangling off as we all lead our adoring gazes to the two beautiful babies swaddled in our arms. 

to whoever is up there. thank you. thank you for letting queen take my world by storm.

"i'm still calling them fredalina and fred."

"oh jesus fred."