nineteen

"i don't know

"i don't know. you just look happier. like a glowing aura."

"a glowing aura?"

"was that cheesy?"

"cheesier than john's toast."

"speaking of, i'd like to enjoy my toast without all this gross flirting."

our heads snap up to see john, giving us a look of disgust, as he drops his plate of cheese toast on the table. i smile, shaking my head and taking a sip of my tea, leaning back into my chair. aiden smirks, hitting his ankle against mine. freddie and brian saunter onto the bus and drop themselves on the couch. freddie looks at aiden as he swings our legs together and smirks.

"are you guys playing footsie? i love a kinky breakfast."

i let out a loud laugh and aiden chuckles, sending me a not so subtle wink.

"so does she."

john chokes on his toast and my face turns red. freddie laughs obnoxiously as i hide my face behind the newspaper in my hands.

"honey, as much as i understand your embarrassment and would hate to make it any worse, but the newspaper is upside down."

i groan, throwing the paper on the table and putting my cup onto the table.

"i'm leaving."

"and going where?"

"to...to the market."

"we're practically in the middle of nowhere right now. the bus is just gassing up."

"well then i'm going to the store and getting snacks."

"oh! can you get me some ore-"

"no i hate you."

"you weren't saying that las-"

"aiden do you ever shut up?"

"last i remember, you had the problem with not being able to shut up."

freddie snorts, and smirks up at me.

"oh really? darling i didn't expect you to be such a vocal lover."

"lover? who said anything about her being my lover? we were playing scrabble. she gets so aggressive."

"mmm. scrabble."

rolling my eyes, i turn to leave the door when aiden calls out my name. i turn, looking at him and he smiles softly, handing me his sweater.

"here. it's cold out."

i glare, but take the sweater from his hands. throwing it on and letting the sleeves fall over my hands.

"thanks."

"no problem, love."

"i love this song"

"brian what-"