Chapter 8: Enemies of the Heir Beware

By now, the air had cooled and Halloween was approaching. It was raining a lot now and most days students stayed inside, enjoying the warm ness of the castle. The Great Hall had huge pumpkins in it now, provided by Hagrid. You could tell Halloween was approaching.

Briana was not inside. She was striding up to the castle from Qudditch practice. Her robes were soaked as she clutched her broomstick in her hand. She was walking back up to the castle.

That's when she spotted Ginny writing something in her diary, almost hidden from sight. She knew it was her by her straight red hair down her back.

What was Ginny doing out here? It was soaking wet outside and a drizzle was starting to come down, hitting the grass.

Briana walked over to stand behind her. "Gin."

Ginny spun around, her eyes wide in surprise. Briana couldn't believe how horrible she looked. Her usually beautifully combed hair was tangled around her head. Ginny's face was pure white, causing her to look very pale.

"Are you OK?" Briana asked in worry. Maybe Ginny had come up with the flu like so many others had over the cold weather. Madam Pomfrey had a potion made up that cured you almost instantly, so it's not like she would have to sit in bed all the time.

Ginny stared at her in a dazed look, as if she were trying to figure out who it was. She blinked once before finally answering, "I'm fine."

Briana wasn't to sure. She wasn't acting like herself, in fact she hadn't ever since they had arrived at Hogwarts.

Briana's eyes traveled down to Ginny's diary. Ginny still hadn't shut it, but Briana couldn't help but notice that nothing was written in it. It was completely blank.

Ginny quickly yanked it out of view of her eyes before Briana could fully look at it.

"You look sick," Briana said, "Maybe you should go see Madam Pomfrey."

"I'm fine," Ginny assured.

"Ginny, I'm serious. You look like a ghost," Briana tried to reason.

Ginny shook her head, "I'm fine, really, I am."

Briana had to get her to the hospital wing. Briana didn't care if she was telling her she was fine. Ginny was not fine. Their was no color in her face at all.

"Madam Pomfrey will cute your cold," Briana said, "We can go meet her in the hospital wing."

"No!" Ginny snapped at her.

Briana jumped in surprise, "What the hell is wrong with you?"

Ginny didn't answer. She shoved past her and ran for the castle.

"Ginny! Wait!" Briana yelled as Ginny disappeared from sight.

Briana sighed. She reminded herself she would have to tell Percy, Ginny's older brother, about Ginny. Percy would have to make her go to the Hospital Wing, because Ginny wasn't going to go with Briana trying to help.

That's when Briana saw a familiar figure walking towards the castle. His red and hold Qudditch robes were drenched much she hers. A Nimbus 2000 was in his hand.

"Harry!"

Harry stopped and waited for Briana to catch up.

"Hey," Harry greeted. His glasses were full of rain drops, probably making it hard for him to see her. Mud was plastered on his robes.

"How was Qudditch practice?" Briana asked him. Qudditch would take her mind off her problem with Ginny.

"Not to good. Fred and George were spying on the Slyther....."