Chapter 15: Tom Riddle's Diary

As soon as Briana got free time, she rushed to the Slytherin Common Room and into her dorm. Luckily, none of the other girls were there so she would have some privacy.

Briana wasn't going to write in it. Briana was afraid of what it would do. Harry had no idea what he was dealing with. Briana threw the diary on her bed and muttered a spell, causing a metal can to appear. She grabbed the book and put it in it.

Briana didn't care if Harry would be mad. This book had to be dangerous if it belonged to Voldemort himself.

She pulled her wand out and with her hand shaking, she pointed it at the book in the bucket, "Incendio."

Briana didn't flinch as flames erupted from the end of her wand, hitting the book. The flames engulfed it and crackling noises came from the bucket. Briana watched on with narrowed eyes.

After a few seconds, expecting the book to turn to ash right away it didn't do it. It remained whole. The flames seem to have no effect.

Briana watched for another minute, but the book remained completely whole. This book had to be dangerous, any other book would be completely destroyed by now.

Briana raised her wand at the bucket once again, "Aquamenti."

Briana waited until the flames went away till pulling her wand back to her side. The book lay in there, sinking beneath the water in the bucket.

"What kind of magic is this," Briana muttered to herself as she grabbed the book and pulled it out. It was wet, but other then that it looked completely unharmed.

Briana muttered a spell and the water disappeared. She tossed the bucket aside and sat on her bed, rolling the diary back and forth in her hands.

How wasn't it destroyed?

Briana curiously opened it. Just as Ashley had said, nothing was in it. Not one word. What was the point of having this diary if Tom wasn't going to write in it?

Then Harry's words replayed in her head. Write in it.

The words kept replaying in her head. She just sat there for a moment, trying to think of what to do.

Briana gave in. She grabbed her bag and yanked a quill out before putting it against the paper. What would this do? Briana wrote:

Hello.

Briana had to blink her eyes many times to make sure she wasn't seeing the things. She had written the word and moments later it had vanished.

Suddenly, more words replaced it:

Hello, what is your name?

Briana stared at the book for a second. Was this Voldemort talking to her? Did she trust telling the diary anymore?

Briana put her quill down and wrote:

Briana Potter.

The Diary wrote back immediately:

Hello Briana Potter. How did you come across my diary?

My brother gave it to me.

For some reason Briana felt safe writing anything in it.

I did talk to your brother.

Briana stared at Tom's words for a while before writing back.

What did you talk about?

Briana stared down at the book impatiently, tapping her quill against her chin.

The Chamber of Secrets.