3. Explanations

Kyungsoo was terrified. Sure, someone managed to fix his wound but what if that person wanted to keep him as a slave or for something else? Kyungsoo shuddered at the second thought and slowly got out of bed. He went to the closet and took a shirt before smelling whether it is clean and wore it when he was satisfied with the smell. Although the shirt was a little too big for him, he rather looked like a dwarf then to go around half naked.

As if God is on his side, a baseball bat was lying beside the closet and Kyungsoo grabbed onto the bat as if his life depends on it. He was determined to protect himself this time. Walking as quietly as he could while raising the bat to his head level so he can swing it at any moment, he went out of the room. His eyes scanned the hallway and he was greeted by silence. Relaxing a little, he walked down the hallway and went into the living room. He saw that it was empty so he sniffed around. Just by smelling, he knew there were around 5 people who stay here.

*Where am I?* This thought has been on his mind since he woke up and he still has not found an answer. He looked around and noticed that the place was clean and tidy. A click was heard behind him and Kyungsoo gave out a small war cry before randomly swinging the bat around, hoping to hit the person at least once.

"Woah." Jongin dodged before the boy in front could hit him with the bat. "Easy there." Jongin grabbed hold of the bat and pulled it so hard that Kyungsoo went flying towards him. Grabbing onto Kyungsoo's right arm, Jongin turned the boy around so that he can hug Kyungsoo from the back while holding onto Kyungsoo's hands securely, making sure the boy does not start attacking him again.

"Well, hello to you too." Jongin joked and Kyungsoo's eyes grew wide at the contact. His back was pressed against Jongin's warm and muscular chest. Kyungsoo felt weird, but also surprisingly comfortable in Jongin's embrace.

"Let me go!" Kyungsoo struggled and Jongin complied. Kyungsoo went far away, the bat still in his hands and his cheeks grew red till the tip of his ears. Jongin noticed that and chuckled. Kyungsoo was blushing so hard that his cheeks were almost the same colour as his red hair. "W-Who are you?" Kyungsoo asked Jongin but Jongin was admiring Kyungsoo in his shirt. Kyungsoo looked so small and cute in it.

"I'm not going to harm you. So why don't you pass me that bat before you hurt me instead?" Jongin gave a warm smile but Kyungsoo just blinked at him with his huge and innocent eyes.

"What's going on?" Yifan yawned as he scratched his head. He decided to take an afternoon nap only to be disturbed by some ruckus in the living room.

"Hyung, he's awake." Jongin told his leader and Yifan looked at Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo immediately bowed when he noticed that the man in front of him is a shape shifter and an alpha. He took a peek at Jongin and cursed himself for not being able to recognise Jongin as his own kind.

"Lower your weapon. Don't worry, we will not hurt you." Yifan said and Kyungsoo slowly placed the bat on the table. Yifan went to the couch and Jongin followed him only to go back to Kyungsoo when he realised that he was not following them.

"Come on." Jongin held Kyungsoo's hand and Kyungsoo quickly pulled away, not used to the sudden skinship. "Oh come on." Jongin slung an arm over Kyungsoo's shoulders and brought him to where Yifan was. Jongin made the boy sit before going over to sit beside his leader.

"Where are you from?" Yifan asked and Kyungsoo looked at him before looking away. Yifan waited for Kyungsoo to speak but Kyungsoo did not. He just remained silent. "You do know that you are in my territory right? And the punishment for invading another pack's territory is death." Yifan threatened Kyungsoo. When those words escaped Yifan's lips, Kyungsoo looked up with him with wide and scared eyes.

"I.. I wasn't invading." Kyungsoo told him.

"Then why were you there?" Jongin asked him and Kyungsoo blushed a little before answering. Having your alpha kicking you out of his pack is an embarrassment to shape shifters.

"My alpha kicked me out of the pack when I refused to go to another pack. That guy from the other pack.. he wanted me sexually." Kyungsoo said and Jongin had a coughing fit when he choked on his saliva. The alpha ignored his noisy pack member and leaned forward.

"So you ran away after your alpha disowned you?" Yifan asked and Kyungsoo nodded. Yifan stared into space as he lets his thoughts take over him. Jongin rolled his eyes at his leader. Yifan was usually like that but that does not mean one could sneakily attack him. Jongin tried it once for fun and got injured badly when Yifan shift into his wolf, thinking that Jongin was his enemy.

"Erm.." Kyungsoo stood up and the both of them looked up at him. "The both of you saved me right?" Kyungsoo faintly remembered seeing a black wolf and a blonde wolf rescuing him before he passed out. "Thank you." Kyungsoo bowed lowly in gratitude.

Yifan nodded while Jongin gave him a smile. Just then, the front door opened and in came in the rest of the pack. "Omo! You're up!" Joonmyeon gave Kyungsoo a warm smile before going over to give him a tight squeeze. Kyungsoo winced in pain when he felt Joonmyeon pressing onto his wounds.

"Hyung! Can't you see he's in pain?" Chanyeol pulled his hyung aside and saw blood seeping through Jongin's shirt. His eyes widened in surprise and without the boy's consent, Chanyeol lifted up the shirt to examine the wound. Embarrassed, Kyungsoo gave a cute yelp before pulling the shirt down and Sehun laughed softly at the boy's reaction.

"Why are you still bleeding? Now that you are awake, you should be okay." Chanyeol asked Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo has never had blood coming out of his body and when he has bruises, his wounds healed slowly, unlike normal shape shifters and he never knew why.

"Erm.. I honestly don't know. I should get going." Kyungsoo bowed and wanted to get out but Sehun stopped him.

"You can't go yet. You're injured and if anything were to happen to you, Joonmyeon hyung will feel guilty for not fixing you up properly. I don't want to see a sulking Joonmyeon hyung so you are staying." Kyungsoo wanted to protest but Sehun pulled him over to the couch and made him sit beside Jongin.

"But-"

"Just stay until you recover. Once you recover, you may go wherever you want to but it dangerous for you to be out there alone especially since you are injured and chased." Yifan said and Kyungsoo just could not disobey the alpha even though he was not Kyungsoo's leader.

"I'll go prepare a room for you." Chanyeol grinned before walking off.

"I'll go and prepare lunch. Come on Sehunnie." Joonmyeon went into the kitchen and the maknae followed him like a little lost puppy.

"And I'll go change that shirt if I were you. Come." Jongin grabbed onto Kyungsoo's hand and pulled him into his room while Yifan watched the both of them walk away.

An alpha would have just killed Kyungsoo for trespassing but Kyungsoo was running away. He was in danger and he was weak. He obviously did not know how to fight and Yifan just could not bear to kill someone like that. It would be easy to kill Kyungsoo but he will feel guilty for hurting such an innocent and weak boy. He just could not kill him. No, he did not want to kill him.

-----

So I've decided to continue this because a lot of people had been asking me too especially in asianfanfics.com ^^