15. They're Back

Sunday night went by in a flash with playing with the MoonStone pack members and soon it was already Monday. The DarkMoon pack have yet to return and Kyungsoo was a little worried about them. He knew he did not have to since they could protect themselves but his mind was constantly about them. Kyungsoo came to realise how close he was with the DarkMoon pack even though they have only known each other for around a month. He missed them already and wondered how they were doing.

"They are fine. They'll be back soon." Baekhyun tried to assure his friend as he stretched.

"Yea, you don't have to worry about them. They can fight 100 hunters and still come out unharmed." Jongdae exaggerated and the doe eyed boy's eyes grew twice its usual size.

"Hunters?" His voice went up 2 octaves, shocked and worried about the dangerous humans. He still remembered that time when the hunter tried to kill him and he would not be here talking to his friends if Yifan and Jongin did not save him. The poor boy was still traumatised by that incident. They noticed the fear in Kyungsoo's voice and Zitao glared at his hyung while Baekhyun smacked Jongdae at the back of his head. "They will be alright, right?"

"Don't worry." Zitao told Kyungsoo and the smaller male bit his bottom lip. Yes, he should stop worrying. They are just out for a hunt like usual. Nothing should go wrong.

"Yes, don't worry. Don't forget that Yifan hyung, Jongin and Sehun can fight like they are some professional killers and although I hate to admit it but Chanyeol can fight better than me. Don't worry about Suho hyung too. That guy might not look like it but he's deadly when he fights." Baekhyun softly patted Kyungsoo's head, hoping to assure the boy that everything will be alright.

*Baek hyung's right. They had no problem and nothing happened even before I came. They can totally take care of themselves.* Slapping his cheeks gently to snap out of his worries, Kyungsoo heaved a heavy sigh.

"Alright class! Time to gather!" Mr Kim bellowed and the students hurried to him. "Your NPFA is around the corner so we are going to practice your 2.4km run first." He announced and groans echoed the gym.

"NPFA?" Kyungsoo looked at Zitao for explanations.

"NPFA stands for 'National Physical Fitness Award' and it's an annual thing. It's a test to ensure the teenagers are fit and you have to retake the test if you fail."

"Okay, so the timing for human girls is 18 minutes, guys is 12 minutes. Try to come under that timing. For wolves, girls is 10 minutes and guys is 5 minutes." Kyungsoo almost fainted when he heard the timing. How is he supposed to run 2.4km under 5 minutes? "Male shifters first." Mr Kim took his clipboard and went out of the gym. The rest of the class followed him to the field, including Kyungsoo even though he was still shocked by the timing.

"We will run with you so don't worry." Jondgae patted Kyungsoo on his back when they reached the field of freshly cut green grass.

"Come under a minute if you are aiming for an A." Mr Kim told the guys. One by one, the male shifters changed into their wolf form and some of the human girls were swooning at their beautiful wolf form. Baekhyun nudged Kyungsoo with his muzzle and the red-headed male looked at him before looking around and seeing that practically every single one of his classmates were looking at him, wanting to see how his wolf looks like. Zitao growled lowly and gave out a loud and short bark, asking the rest to look away so that Kyungsoo would not feel pressured. The doe eyed boy smiled a little and patted Zitao's head along with a murmur of thank you before shifting.

Immediately, his senses strengthen by tenfold and he loved the smell of freshly cut grass and how they felt under his paws. The girls cooed and resisted the urge to run their hands through Kyungsoo's beautiful fur. Most of the wolves are dark brown to blonde in colour and Kyungsoo is the only with red fur. Even some of the guys could not help but to stare at the beautiful creature.

"Let's go." Mr Kim blew the whistle and the wolves started running. Kyungsoo ran as fast as he could, following the other wolves in front of him because he was not familiar with the route. As promised, the MoonStone pack members were running with him. They could easily get an A for every segment of NPFA but they wanted to stick with the doe eyed boy.

Kyungsoo could care less if he was not first or he is the last one because he just wanted to run as fast as possible. He did not want to burden his friends and he definitely does not want to fail even though this was not the real test. Giving all he got, he pushed himself to run faster while the MoonStone pack members easily run alongside with him.

After what felt like hours to Kyungsoo but only minutes in reality, they finally reached the finishing line and the poor wolf was so tired that he could just lie on the floor and sleep. "8 minutes." Mr Kim told him and Baekhyun whined a little before pressing his paw to Kyungsoo's cheek, telling him it is okay. He does not want Kyungsoo to feel more inferior than he already is.

Panting heavily, the red wolf nodded his head before taking another step forward only for him to trip on his own paws because he was too tired. His eyes grew wide because he thought he was going to fall when a blur of blonde flashed passed his eyes and he realised he was leaning onto something. Kyungsoo's eyes trailed the familiar blonde fur from the tip of the paw up to the owner's eyes. *Jongin..* His guardian's name echoed in his head as he stared at the blonde wolf.

As if planned beforehand, the both of them suddenly shifted back to their human form and Kyungsoo practically threw himself in Jongin's embrace. "Jongin.. Jongin.." The red-headed male buried his face into the blonde's chest, wiping some of his tears on Jongin's shirt.

"I didn't know you missed that much, my little Bambi." Jongin chuckled before patting the crying boy's head.

*They are alright. They are safe.* Kyungsoo thanked the Gods before pulling away. "Thank you for coming home safely." The younger male's heart raced and they swelled with love when he realised how worried Kyungsoo was, not only for him but for their friends as well.

"Of course, silly. We will always return to you no matter what because now we have a new purpose in life. You were bullied since young but now that you have us, we promised you that from now on, we will protect you." Jongin wiped the remaining tears that were on Kyungsoo's face. Touched by his words, the doe eyed boy's tears fell once more.

"Ignore that guy. Yifan hyung was the one who said those words. There's no way this guy can think of something like that." Chanyeol pushed Jongin away and Kyungsoo grinned when he saw his joker friend.

"Hyung!" Kyungsoo hugged him as well and the giant smiled before wrapping his arms around the smaller male.

"Am I like invisible now?" An unhappy maknae pouted as he crossed his arms across his chest and Kyungsoo pulled away from Chanyeol just to hug Sehun.

"Of course not, Sehunnie." Sehun smiled before squeezing the life out of the poor boy. The guys calls him that all the time but somehow it sounded special when Kyungsoo said it.

"I miss you hyung!" The hyperactive maknae practically screamed in happiness and they laughed at him. Jongdae, Jongin and Zitao bumped fist while Chanyeol and Baekhyun gave each other a hug. Although they know that their twin pack can fight and they can take care of themselves but accidents do happened and they worry about them too.

"Welcome home." The red-headed male grinned and the DarkMoon pack members returned the smile.

"It's good to be back."

It was as if they were living in their own world or that could care less about their surroundings but everyone was looking at their interactions. Some smiled at their love for each other while others envy them. Do Kyungsoo, the once super shy boy who could not even take skinship became one who could care less about what other people think or say about him once he is with the people he love and care for. Slowly but surely, Kyungsoo was changing and definitely turning into a stronger person.