10. Guardians

Joonmyeon fixed his hair, making sure it was perfect before flashing a smile to the mirror and heading out of his room. Immediately, Kyungsoo's scent filled the hallway and Joonmyeon was sure the younger was out here a few minutes ago. Following his scent to the kitchen, he smelled eggs, toast and bacon before seeing the red-headed male making breakfast. Although Kyungsoo's back was facing him, he knew the younger's face was filled with concentration as he made breakfast for the rest of the pack. "Hyung." Jongin called his beta and Joonmyeon turned around to see a half-asleep Jongin walking towards him. "Morning." He yawned before walking past him towards the kitchen.

"Oh, morning." Kyungsoo grinned when he saw Jongin and Joonmyeon. Jongin nodded and went to the fridge for his milk while Joonmyeon greeted Kyungsoo back. "Breakfast will be done in a while." Kyungsoo told Joonmyeon and went back to the bacons. The oldest among the three nodded but his attention was on the red-head male's body instead. The beta could not help but to stare at the younger's body. Kyungsoo was wearing the blue and white uniform of SH High and he just looks so adorable in it. The uniform perfectly hung onto his body and making the younger look smaller than usual.

"Bambi.." Jongin yawned and hugged Kyungsoo from the back. The blonde's hands wrapped his hyung's waist lazily as he rested his right cheek on the top of Kyungsoo's head.

"Jongin, I can't move." Kyungsoo said but did not attempt to pull away from the tanned-male.

"I'm tired." Jongin mumbled and buried his nose into the back of Kyungsoo's head, breathing in his scent. As if Kyungsoo is his vitamin, Jongin did not feel as tired as before.

"Araso. I'll hurry up with the breakfast so that you will have energy, okay?" The smaller male gently removed Jongin's hands and the latter nodded. With another yawn, he walked towards the dinner room. Joonmyeon decided to wake up the rest instead and went to their rooms.

"Are you all done?" Chanyeol went into Kyungsoo's room and the younger male carried his backpack.

"Yup." He smiled and Chanyeol felt like squishing the adorable boy. He looks so happy like a kindergarten school on his first day to school.

"Let's go then. The rest are waiting." Chanyeol said and the both of them left the room and headed outside. The both of them met up with Sehun and Jongin who was waiting patiently outside for their friends. "We usually meet up with Jongdae, Baekhyun and Zitao at their house before walking to school together." Chanyeol explained as they walked through the forest. Kyungsoo then realised that the DarkMoon pack house lived outside of the town. It was like they have to go through the forest first to go anywhere near the town.

"That's because Yifan hyung likes the nature more than anyone else and he likes the night to be a peaceful one. It usually gets noisy at night when people hang out." Sehun explained as he jumped over a boulder, as if he read Kyungsoo's mind. "And Yixing hyung wants to stay in the town so that he will be able to keep an eye on the town. There may not be many of us who can protect this town but those who could not will always come and inform us if anything happens. People love this town after hyungs took over it."

"Sehun's right. At first, the people did not felt safe. Their father, who was the previous alpha, did not really care about this town. People fought and quarrelled. The people had sleepless nights, scared that a burglar might enter their house but when hyungs took over, everything changed. Of course the people did not trust them at first and it took them 3 years to finally win their trust. We were with them right from the start because we are also from the same pack. We are the next generation of shape shifters that are supposed to stand by the brother's side. We knew how hard it took for the people to trust us but they never gave up because they really wanted to protect this town. Now, the people love this safe haven so much and we are known as the guardians of this place." Jongin added.

"Bambi!" Baekhyun excitedly waved when he saw his friends. Well, when he saw Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo then noticed that they were already out of the forest. "I'm so excited and I can't wait to attend school with you." Baekhyun hugged the younger male.

"Hey Baekhyun hyung." Kyungsoo squeezed him back before pulling away. "Annyeong Jongdae hyung and Zitao." Kyungsoo bowed a little. Jongdae smiled back while Zitao just nodded before walking off.

"Don't mind him. He's usually like that to people he's not familiar with. Don't worry, he'll warm up to you soon." Jongdae told the red-headed male and the latter nodded.

"Come on, let's go before we are late for school." Baekhyun slung an arm around Kyungsoo's shoulders and they walked to school.

On their way there, Kyungsoo noticed that the people smiled to them and some even bowed; which the rest bowed back. The way the people, be it humans or shifters, looked at the DarkMoon members and Moonstone members are different from how they look at their people. It was like there was respect and hope in their eyes. *They really are respected.* Kyungsoo happily thought, feeling blessed to be in such a wonderful pack.

"This is your schedule." The receptionist at the front desk passed Kyungsoo a time table and he thanked her before walking out of the office. The others had already gone to class whereas Zitao was waiting outside for him. He scanned through the paper and realised what Yifan said last night was the truth. He was in every freaking class Zitao is in and also saw that no one else from the pack was in the same class.

"Jongin and Sehun are in year 1. We are in year 2. The rest are in year 3." Zitao suddenly said and Kyungsoo jumped up little due to the shock before looking at the taller male.

"Is this why Yifan hyung put me in your classes?" Kyungsoo asked him and Zitao nodded. He wordlessly walked towards their class and Kyungsoo quickly followed him, trying to catch up with his long legs.

The moment Zitao walked into their class, the room went silent as everyone looked at him. "Ah Zitao, have you brought the boy?" Mr Jung asked the younger and Zitao nodded. Just then, Kyungsoo entered the class as well and he looked around the room with wide eyes, a bit curious about what his new classroom will look like and flabbergasted about the fact that everyone is looking at him. "You must be Do Kyungsoo, the newest member of the DarkMoon pack." Mr Jung gave the boy a warm smile and he immediately returned it.

"Annyeonghaseyo Mr Jung." Kyungsoo politely said and bowed.

"Nice to meet you, Kyungsoo. Now, go and take a seat beside-"

"Me! He can sit beside me, Mr Jung!" A female with long brown hair waved her hand in the air excitedly, cutting off the teacher.

"No! He can sit beside me!" Another shouted and Zitao rolled his eyes. He knew this would happen. He and his friends were already famous for their good looks and with adorable looks like Kyungsoo's, he will definitely grab the attention of others as well. He grabbed onto Kyungsoo's hand and dragged the smaller boy behind him towards the back, ignoring the fact that his heart was beating faster and he swore he could feel tiny sparks when he touched Kyungsoo. "Move." Zitao firmly said and the girl, who was his desk partner, pouted a little.

"As I was saying," Mr Jung faked a cough and looked at his students. "Mr Wu wanted Kyungsoo to sit beside Zitao so please move to another desk, Hyemi."

The girl nodded almost immediately when she heard it was a request from Wu Yifan. She quickly packed her stuff and Zitao nodded for Kyungsoo to sit down. "Okay class, take out your books and flip to page 104." Mr Jung said and started writing something on the board. The students followed his instructions and waited for the teacher's next instructions when they were done. "Complete the questions and we will discuss it 20 minutes later."

Kyungsoo frowned as he stared at the maths equation. He did well in his previous school but the questions here are a whole new level of difficulty. Zitao was solving the questions when he saw Kyungsoo frowning. Kyungsoo then narrowed his eyes at the question, as if trying to kill it with his glare. Zitao could not help but to chuckle at the smaller boy's cuteness. "Here." Zitao wrote an equation on Kyungsoo's textbook and Kyungsoo looked at him. "With this, you should be able to solve the question." Zitao said and Kyungsoo went to work.

A few minutes passed and Kyungsoo found himself smiling when he realised he could actually do it. He glanced at Zitao before working on his equation. *This is going to be a great year especially with the guys helping me.* He thought as he happily and easily solved the question.