16. Not As He Seems

Papers were everywhere. They were on the tables, couch and even on the floor. It was so silent that the sound of someone typing away at the keyboard could be heard. The alpha of the DarkMoon pack sighed for the nth time that day. He was frustrated and confused. After working as a detective for so long, how could he not find the answer to his question?

"Hyung," Joonmyeon knocked on the door to Yifan's office and the alpha looked up from the computer. "I managed to find the best doctor that specialises in shifters and he is waiting for you outside."

*Finally.* Yifan grumbled in his head. They had been trying to find a doctor for Kyungsoo and searching for any information that is related to why Kyungsoo's body is different from other shifters and that news was the only good one he heard since this morning.

The both of them left the office and went out to greet the doctor who was patiently sitting at the couch. He saw Yifan and immediately stood up. "Good afternoon Mr Wu. My name is Yoon Dujoon." He held his hand out and Yifan shook it.

"Wu Yifan." The alpha said while studying the doctor's face. Yoon Dujoon is a tall and handsome man with sharp features and he just looked so good in a doctor's coat like he was born to wear one.

"It's a pleasure to meet you. May I know where is the patient?"

"You aren't going to inject something into him, right?" Yifan frowned a little at the thought of it and Dujoon chuckled.

"No, I am not. I'm just going to do a full body check-up."

Satisfied by his answer, the alpha nodded. He was pretty sure Kyungsoo is not fond of needles. "Close the shop and get the rest here. They might want to know what is going on too." Joonmyeon went to do as told and Yifan led Dujoon out of their detective office and into his car.

++

"Erm.." Kyungsoo blushed deeply and Jongin gave him his signature smirk.

"What's wrong, Bambi?" He winked and Kyungsoo fought to urge to flick his forehead for being so perverted.

"Ignore him. If you feel uncomfortable, we can leave." Yixing offered with a gentle smile which made Kyungsoo smile back.

"I would appreciate it if all of you leave because his heart is beating really fast." Dujoon pointed to the monitor that is reading Kyungsoo's heartbeat. "Here." He passed Kyungsoo back his shirt and the red-headed male quickly put it on, much to Jongin's distaste.

"Let's go and join the rest outside." Yifan left the room and Jongin went after him. However Yixing was still in his seat looking at Kyungsoo and Dujoon.

"You won't mind if I stay, right?" Yixing asked and Kyungsoo shook his head. He was sure the alpha of the MoonStone pack is not as perverted as his blonde guardian. Yixing flashed Kyungsoo another smile before focusing his attention on the doctor. He was there just incase Dujoon was hired by someone to hurt Kyungsoo and also because he wants to see if he could help in some way or another using his powers.

Healing is Yixing's power, just like how Tao could control time. It may sound lame to others but to the alpha, he finds that it is a very special power to heal someone. He loved how friendly and warm his power feels. It is true that is power is not an offensive one but he could actually save someone with it.

"What do you think is wrong with Bambi?" Luhan wondered out loud as he threw the baseball to Sehun. Sehun shrugged his shoulders before throwing the ball back to his cousin.

"Maybe he is just born that way and it's a special case?" Jongdae joined in the conversation.

"You mean he is like those people who are born with an extra leg or head?" Sehun innocently blinked at him and Jongdae rolled his eyes before shifting his attention to his homework.

"I'm pretty sure Bambi won't exactly be happy to be classified under those 'special cases'. I mean I do think there is something wrong with his body but it isn't physical so it doesn't count." Baekhyun spoke. "Whatever the case is, I hope Yixing hyung might be able to do something about it if that doctor can't."

Just then, Yixing, Kyungsoo and Dujoon came out of the room and everyone looked at them. "I'm sorry but I can't seem to find anything wrong. He is totally alright and fit. According to this report, he should be able to be as strong or heal as fast as other shifters." Yifan looked at his brother and the younger male slightly shook his head, indicating that he could not find what is wrong too.

"It's alright. Maybe there really is something wrong but I am happy, right? That is all that matters to me. I don't have to be strong to live my life to the fullest." Kyungsoo forced a smile. He does not have to be strong? Yea right, who was he kidding? Ever since the doe eyed boy joined the DarkMoon pack, he wanted to be strong so that he would not be a burden. There was something wrong with his body but nobody knew what it was and that means if they could not figure it out, Kyungsoo will always be weak.

All of a sudden, Minseok stood up from his seat and grabbed onto the red-headed male's hand before dragging him out of the house. Although Kyungsoo was startled by his sudden actions, he still quietly followed the beta. Minseok could hear his friends shouting and asking where he was bringing Kyungsoo to but he just ignored them.

"Minseok hyung?" Kyungsoo asked and the older male stopped walking. "It hurts." He admitted and Minseok immediately let go of Kyungsoo's wrist with a small sigh and mumbled his apologises. The beta continued walking into the forest and the doe eyed boy followed him.

After a few minutes, they reached the Halo Lake and Kyungsoo smiled when he saw the beautiful water. "I'm sorry." Minseok finally said something and the younger male replied him with a tight hug.

"You don't have to apologise for something you did not do wrong, hyung. I know you are just worried about me. I am not going to cry or be depressed just because there is something wrong with me."

Minseok pulled away and his eyes filled with shock met Kyungsoo's happy orbs. "H-How did you know what I was thinking?"

"It's written all over your face hyung. And you are not that difficult to read either." The red-headed male removed his shoes and socks and sat at the edge of the lake so that he can dip his legs into the water.

"Kyungsoo.." Minseok blinked at the adorable male who was playing with the water.

"Hmm?" Kyungsoo continued splashing the water, not bothering to look his friend.

The beta opened his mouth to say something but decided not to. "It's nothing. I'm just worried that you might not be able to heal on time if something were to happen to you." He smoothly lied and sat beside Kyungsoo.

"I know you guys will not let anything happen to me. I want to learn how to defend myself but can I really learn how to fight?"

"You will never know if you don't try. If you want something, pursue it. Reach out for your goals as if your life depends on it."

Kyungsoo smiled at his hyung's words before nodding his head in agreement. "Thank you." He whispered and closed his eyes, taking in a deep breath of fresh air and enjoying the surroundings.

Minseok looked at Kyungsoo and frowned a little. The Do Kyungsoo right in front of him looked so adorable and innocent and Minseok was pretty sure he would not even be able to hurt a fly. However, the Do Kyungsoo a few minutes ago was not like the Do Kyungsoo he knew. It was like he was clever, observant and maybe even cunning. The Kyungsoo he knew was always so oblivious to things around him that it shocked Minseok so much that Kyungsoo knew what he was thinking.

He remembered what he wanted to ask Kyungsoo earlier and shook that thought off. No. That could not be. Maybe Kyungsoo guessed what he was thinking. It was not impossible because they are close after all. Maybe the red-headed male just was that good in reading people. "Hyung, what are you thinking about?" Kyungsoo suddenly asked and Minseok faked a smile.

"It's nothing." However, the same question popped into his mind again. *Were you faking innocence all this while?*