Monday

I slip the note into his locker before school begins. I awkwardly fix my shirt and run my fingers through my hair as I open my locker. I hear his voice and fear shoots through my chest. I hear the click of his locker opening. "Hey what's that dude?" I hear a friends ask. I hear the rustle of paper. I glance over to see Sally reading the note with his friends reading it over his shoulder.

I gulp. "There's no signature." He says looking up at Larry. I quickly look away. "Well are you gonna go?" I hear Larry ask. "I don't know yet." I hear the him close his locker and the conversation die away. I hurry to my first period as the bell rings. I tap my pencil on my desk and bounce my leg. My nerves are higher than the Eiffel Tower. A few class mates were scowling at my tapping but I didn't care.

When the bell rang I rushed to my next class. I sat in the seat right next to Sally Face because the other seat was taken by an already sleeping student. As class starts I glance over to see him examining the note. I wish I could see his expression but his mask was as emotionless as usual. I look away before he notices me staring. When I glance over he's looking at me. I furrow my eyebrows and mouth 'what?'to him. He scribbled down a note then hands that and my note to me. I look down at his hand writing.

Do you know who wrote this? The hand writing is familiar.

I read the note I had worked so hard on. I hand it back to him and shake my head. He nods and looks back at the note almost like he can't understand why someone would give it to him. When the bell rang he gently touched my arm. "Hey are you sure you don't know. It's just driving me mad. I can't figure it out." He pulled on one of his pigtails. I shake my head. "Sorry Sally I don't know who wrote it. I got to get to my next class. See ya." I turn and walk away from him.

In my next class I sit down and put my head on my desk. "Did you write it?" I jump at Ashley's voice next to me. "God damn it you scared me." She holds back a giggle. "Sorry Travis. But seriously dude did you write the note?" I raise an eyebrow. "What note?" She sighs. "The darling, Sally Face, note." I feel the blush rise to my cheeks. "N-no." A smile spreads across her face. "So you did write it. Honestly I didn't think I was right. I thought you hated gays." I shake my head. "I thought I did too but I can't get these thoughts of Sally out of my head." I blush harder at the thought. "I can't wait to tell Sally." I grab her arm. "No you can't tell him. If he wants to know who wrote the note he has to come to the park. Please don't tell him." She pushes my hand off. "Okay okay I'll advise him to go to the park if he asks. I won't tell him who wrote the note." I let out a sigh of relief. I turn back to the front of class.

The rest of the day flew by before I knew it the last bell of the day was ringing. I get my stuff and hurry out of the school. I have to get to the playground before Sally. I put my backpack down and sit on the swings with my head down. I feels like forever waiting for him to come. I keep my head down as I hear footsteps approaching. The crunch of pebbles fill my ears. I gulp. "Hey Travis." I look up at the beautiful boy standing before me. "Hey Sally." I answer my throat dry. "So you did know who gave me that note." I nod awkwardly. "What did you want to say?" He says as he sits on the swing next to me.

"I wanted to say... I like you. Like like like you. I can't get you out of my head. I think of us dating and holding hands and kissing. I want to be with you more than anything in the world. I want you more than anything in the world. I want you to be my boyfriend. I want to get to know you as we cuddle on the couch. I want to be there when you need a shoulder to cry on. I want to laugh at stupid things we do. I want to be happy with you." I look at him at the end of my long speech.

I wish his mask had more emotion. His eyes pierced my heart the way they were looking at me. His silence confirmed my thoughts. "I'll just go." I get up from the swing. As I start toward my backpack I feel a hand grab my wrist and turn me around. Sally face pulls me into a hug. I quickly hug him back tears starting down my face. He looks up at me. "I like like you too Travis, I want those things too." A smile spreads across my face. "Really?" He nods eagerly. I laugh tears still slipping out of my eyes. Gently he wipes them away. I pull him into another hug.

"You don't know how happy I am." I hear him chuckle and hug me back. "So what now?" He asks. I pull away and take his hands pursing my lips. "Well I do have some rules." He nods and sits down on the swing again. I sit down on the swing next to him. "My father can never find out...ever." I feel the blood rush out of my face as I think about my dad. He takes my hand. "I can understand that." I give him a light smile. "We can't be touchy out in public." He nods. "And we can't tell anyone at least not right now."

He tilts his head in a curious way. "Is that all okay?" I ask nervously. He nods and swings back and forth gently. "I think I can remember those." I hear the sweet tone in his voice. That tone makes me blush. He looks at me and pushes some hair off of my forehead. "How did I not realize how cute you are?" My face heats up even more as I stutter out some incoherent words. He laughs and pushes the bangs out of his face. His mask is so monotones but his emotions shine through.

"How about tomorrow we go on a date after school?" His question gets me excited. "Yes please." I nod vigorously. "Alright I'll see you tomorrow then." I smile. "See you tomorrow."