Sunday freedom

Sunday morning I get up to no Sal in my arms and a ruckus in the living room. I walk out rubbing my eyes to see Larry, Ashley, Todd, Todd's boyfriend, Maple, and Sal standing there with a pile of boxes and rope in the middle of the room.

"Hey sleepy head it's time to get going." Ash says smiling. Sal turns to me and pushes me back into his room. He throws some clothes at me. "Get dressed we have to get in and out of your house before twelve." He leaves and quickly change. I tug on some shoes and we grab everything and leave. On the first floor there are some wagons and a old timey cot that requires two people to carry. Every one throws the boxes and rope in one of these and we head out. We trek through the woods until we reach my house.

I unlock the door and we take the boxes inside. I lead everyone up to my room and we get to work. There's constant chatter of what to keep, what to take, what to leave for later. We laugh and have a good time. As each box in filled it's taken down the the carts. The heavier boxes will be pulled while the lighter ones go on the cot. When we're finished the room looks plain and perfect. We leave in a hurry since there was only twenty minutes till twelve and I lock the door behind us.

On the way back to Sal's we laugh and joke. They make comments about the house and I smile. For the first time in a long time I feel completely safe. We take everything upstairs and load it all into Sal's room. As we start to unpack my things a loud knock erupts from the door. We all fall silent. The person pounds again and my heart stops beating. I'd recognize that knock anywhere.

I hear the door open and Sal's dad ask "Can I help you sir?" I hear the disinterest in his voice. "My house was just robbed and I strongly believe it was your son who did it." I shut down at the booming voice that shakes the window panes. Sal grabs my hand. "Sal come here please." His dad calls out. "It's gonna be okay I'll be right back." He whispers and gets up. "Yeah dad?" He calls out stepping outside of the room. "Did you rob this mans house?" My body shakes in fear as we await his response. "No I've been chilling with Larry, Ash, and Todd all day. We went to the woods see our shoes are all muddy."

I hear a sigh from the next room. "Hey Ashley you still here?" Ash gets up and pokes her head out the door. "Yes sir." I can almost hear the annoyance in Sal's dad's voice. "Is Sal telling the truth?" Ash nods. "Yes sir we went to the woods today." I reach out and grab Larry's hand just to squeeze it. He gives me a supportive look and squeezes back. "See they said they were just in the woods and their shoes are muddy." I hear a huffy. "Well I demand you allow me to come in and search your house." I hear a laugh and then silence. "Oh you're being serious. Well then to that I say no and if you try I will call the police and I don't care who you are. Please leave the building immediately or I will have you removed. Have a nice day." With that I hear the door close and a bolt lock click into place.

Everyone let's out a sigh of relief but it's quickly taken back when Sal's dad walks into the room. "I'm gonna guess that was your dad Travis?" I nod sheepishly. "No father should ever treat his son the way he treats you. You are welcome in my house for as long as you need." I jump to my feet and give him a hug. "Thank you so much." When I pulled away he was smiling. "Now get all this stuff unpacked and I'll make pasta and meatballs later. Sound good?" Everyone cheers and started undoing boxes.

We hang clothes up in the closet and put them away in drawers. We put up pictures and books. We have a grand old time until the last box is emptied and broken down. I put my arms around Sal and rest my chin on his head. "We did it." I whisper. Everyone enjoys pasta in front of the tv and we enjoy the company of others. One by one my friends slowly leave. First Ash, then Todd and his boyfriend, then Maple, and finally Larry.

Sal and I lay on his bed staring up at the ceiling. "It's been a long day." I nod in agreement. His hand slides into mine. "Hey Sal?" I say. "Yeah." He responds. " I love you."

"I love you too."

Authors note sorry it's so short there wasn't much to right about this chapter I'm going to make the next one longer I promise