Monday probably

"You think he could save you?" My father yells holding up Sal by the hair. His feet lightly scrape against the ground and blood stains his blue hair. "You think this brat could protect you from me." My father releases a bellowing laugh so loud the walls around us shake. "Let him go." I sob reaching towards Sal. "You want your fag? Here, have him." He throws Sal at me and I desperately try to catch him but I'm running so slow and he's falling so fast. His head smacks against the stone floor and I fall to my knees.

"Sal!" I scream sitting up in bed. I do this so violently that the real Sal falls out of bed and makes a hard thud on the floor. Tears stream down my face as I sob. Sal quickly gets back on the bed and cuddles me. "Shhhh shhhh it's okay. I'm here. You're safe. I'm safe. It's all gonna be fine." I cling to him as tightly as I can. "You died." I say through my sobs. "Shhhh I'm okay. I'm not dead. It's okay. Shhhhhh"

I jumped as the door slammed open to reveal Mr. Fisher standing in the door with a baseball bat. "What's wrong? Who's there?" He finally spots us two boys on the bed. "Oh there wasn't an intruder." He says dropping the bat from his attacking position. He walks in and sits on the bed. "I thought maybe someone had broken in to take you Travis." I laugh softly but it goes away fast. "Nah it was just a bad dream dad, sorry to scare you." Sal responds stroking my hair.

His dad waves it off. "No big deal dreams often terrifying me too. Tell you what I have work to do and I might as well get started since I'm up. Why don't I call into school and say you got sick and you can both stay here today. How does that sound?" I nodded smiling a bit. "Thanks dad." Sal says. He smiles. "There's cereal in the kitchen just keep down the noise, okay?" He grunts as he gets up from the bed and closes the door as he leaves.

Sal smiles sliding to sit behind me. He starts rubbing my shoulders and back. I groan at the feeling. He lays gentle kisses across my shoulders and the back of my neck. I lean back against his chest. "You know I'll keep you safe right?" He whispers to me. "But what if I can't keep you safe?" I mutter in response. He wraps his arms around my chest. 

"In two years we're gonna graduate. We're gonna move in together and get married. We're gonna buy a big house and adopt two kids. A boy and a girl. We're gonna own too many pets and give in when our kids want another. We're gonna be good dads and watch them grow up and live their own lives. And years and years later we're gonna look back at this time as a very distant memory and wonder why we were ever afraid. We'll laugh at how stupid we were as teens and tell stories until we pass away peacefully."

He takes a breath. "I promise this life to you Travis. I promise on my mother's grave that this is the life we will lead. I love you with all my heart and I never want to be without you." I turn and look at him. "You really mean that?" He nods seriously. "With all my heart." I kiss him and wonder about our future. Will it be as wonderful as he promises, or is there something else in store for us?"

I'm sorry it's so short. I promise to write a longer one next time I just gotta skip a few years. See you next update whenever that will be.