Tuesday

I get to school a little early and pray they day goes by quick. I see Sally and my heart skips a beat. Every so often during the class we have together and lunch I'll catch him sneaking glances at me and I can't help but blush. By the end of the day I feel as though my entire body is as red as a tomato.

I close my locker and jump as sally face appears next to me. "Jesus you scared me." I whisper gripping my chest. My heart was pounding out of excitement and fear. "Sorry." His smile is clear even though I can't see it. "Are you ready for our date?" His whisper sends shivers down my spine. I nod and head toward the door. I suddenly stop when I feel a tug on my backpack. "Not that way. Follow me." He leads me to the back of the school and out the back door. We head down a slightly worn path. Soon we reach the forest.

"Where are we going?" I finally ask as we stop at the edge of the woods. He pulls off his backpack, reaches in. And pulls out a blindfold. "You'll see. Do you trust me?" He holds up the blind fold. I look in his eyes and nod. He tied it behind my head. I feel his hand gently grip mine. I'm pulled forward and I quickly follow. We walk in silence. I hear soft humming coming from him. "Sally are we almost there?" I ask after what feels like forever. "Soon my dear." I feel the blush rise to my cheeks with that comment.

We soon stop and he lets go of my hand. "Sally?" I ask slightly panicked. "I'm right here." His voice comes from behind me. He unties my blindfold. Before me is a picnic with a few stunt candles and a basket. His arms wrap around my waist and he rests his chin on my shoulder. "Do you like it?" I smile and nod. "I love it." He chuckles. "You said you didn't want to be seen in public but we're not in public so we can be as fishy as we want." I laugh and walk forward. I sit down on the blanket and Sally sits down beside me.

"So it's not a full meal just some snacks but I hope they're okay." He reaches in and pulls out some fruit and sweets. I grab some gummy's and eat them. I look at him and see him awkwardly staring at the candy in his hand. "What's wrong?" He looks up at me. "You've never seen me eat nor have you seen my face." I shrug. "I couldn't care less about what you look like. I like you for you and that's all that matters."He nods and unclips the bottom strap of him mask. I look away for his comfort as he pushed it up a bit and eats.

When we're finished we put away the empty wrappers and lay down on the blanket. I feel Sally's hand gently brush against mine before holding it. The blush rises to my face but I scoot closer to him. We watch the leaves fall above us and the clouds pass by slowly. We listen to the creak of trees and birds chirping. I close my eyes enjoying the warmth of the sun on my skin. I feel Sally move next to me. Then I feel soft lips against my cheek.

My eyes open to see that he has pulled his mask down and is scooting close enough to lay flush against me. I smile as he lays his head down on my chest. "What was that for?" I ask. He shrugs picking at the fabric of my shirt. "No reason, I just wanted to." I can feel my heart beating in my chest and strange enough I can feel his too. His chest is pressed into my ribs and he heart is thudding fast. I stroke his hair lovingly. "Well you can do that anytime you like." He looks up at my face. "You're cute Travis. I don't think I've ever told you that."

I feel the blood rush to my face. I cover it quickly with my hands. "Ugh why do you do that. You know it's too sweet for me to stand." He laughs pulling my hands away from my face. "I like to see you blush. It means I'm doing something right." I can hear the smile on his voice. "But that's not fair I never get to see you blush." I state. He shrugs. "Life's not fair Travis. You got a cute face and mines fucked up." I laugh. "I bet you're Face is super handsome but you are just too beautiful for the world to handle." He shakes his head with a chuckle sitting up a bit. He rests his hand on my lower stomach and butterflies erupt under my skin.

"Sorry." He says moving his hand. "No no it's okay." I say reaching out and grabbing it. He intertwines his fingers with mine and stares at them wistfully. "Did you have fun today?" I nod. "I did." He sits up all the way and so do I. "We better get going." I purse my lips and stand up. I pull Sally to his feet. I use a tad too much muscle and he falls into my chest. "S-sorry." I stutter out but he just wraps his arms around my waist and hugs me. I hug him back placing my cheek on the top of his head.

When we finally let go I help Sally clean up the picnic and put it all in the baskets. "Well I'll see you tomorrow." I say taking his hand and kissing it. "Goodbye for now darling Sally face. I grab my back pack, turn, and run through the woods. I run all the way home. When I get through the door I hide my smile. "Where have you been?" I look at my father. "We have a school project that was assigned today. It has to do with our finals but it's a group project." He arches his thick eyebrow. "Who are you paired with? Is it a girl?" I shake my head. "No it's a boy. His name is Sal Fisher." My father crosses his arms. "And what were you doing with him today." I look my father in the eye.

"We were planning out our project." My lie seems to please him since the corners of his mouth twitch into a smile. "Good man." He heads into the living room and I go up stairs. I close my door and flop onto the bed. I smile up at my ceiling. What a wonderful day.