001

"You got rejected again?" My classroom teacher says as I let out a long belated sigh. I feel my head begin to pound as I think of all the opportunities that just went down the drain.

"I don't have enough credit" I run my hand through my hair and smile at the middle aged lady, "early acceptance is so stupid- I was down my 30 points from the target" I tilt my head doubtingly and a laugh escapes her lips.

"If points are what you need then I have a way for you to get some more" my eyebrows raise.

"Miss, I've already done so much charity work and extra studies- I don't know what you could suggest" my lips purse and she laughs again, this time taking a seat on her chair and crossing her arms above the desk. Her lips curve ever so slightly.

"We have a new teacher in class P9- I'm sure you're already aware" she looks at me closely and I nod. I have friends in that class, apparently he's an idiot. "P9 is already a troubled class, infact they are on average the class with the lowest scores" she continues to ramble and I just nod.

"What's your point miss?"

"As sad as I am to say this- you would gain major points if you were to tutor the class" her hand lifts and moves as she talks.

Tutor the whole class? Isn't that the teachers job?

"Miss-" She interrupts me once again, probably due to my disconcerting face.

"For a few weeks at most-  the teacher is new and quite frankly with his low experience it's doubtful they will get any better" her hands continue to move as she talks, time time much more dramatically.

This is a dumb idea.

"You are the smartest student in this school by  far Y/N- you have the ability to teach these students much better than this new teacher- but don't tell him that" she smiles and winks at me. I smile slightly back, her kind words giving me the ego boost I need after my rejection.

"I'll consider it miss" I bow my head at her and look at the rest of the empty classroom. A few more minutes and this room will be full of people.

"How about this-," she stands up and walks round the desk, perching on the other side of the desk instead of on the chair behind, "-go today as a trial- just today"

My lips purse and I nod, it's not like one day is going to hurt me academically. Her smile widens even further and she stands up dramatically.

I do the same, gathering my bag and blazer in my arms.

Just one day. It can't be too hard.

We walk some more, passing the few students that, like me, have gotten to school early. I'm pretty sure the class of P9 are forced to come into school early because of their grades.

"Here we are" The teacher says as we arrive at the door. Sounds of laughter and chatter curse through the door at us. I bite my lip.

They sound like animals- doesn't the new teacher not know how to control his class.

She nods again and opens the door, the class shuts up. Her feet move and she walks in, a massive force silencing the entire class and drawing all the attention. I follow.

I keep my head down as people being to talk again, quieter and gossiping. I look up briefly and see a few familiar faces.

"Sir- this is Y/N- the girl we discussed earlier in the week" she announces, a taller man stands from his desk and bows at her.

"Yes Miss- Thank you" he bows again and steps back, I try not to look at him and instead keep my posture of respect.

However, I feel his eyes burning into the side of my head like a burning poker.

"Everyone" She begins to announce, I lift my head up and look st the class, "as you may know, this is head-girl Lee Y/N- She will be temporarily joining your class to support Mr Kim with your class" She looks at me and smiles.

"Y/N, please" she motions forward and I nod.

"I know some of you and some of you are new faces to me, I'd like you to ignore what you've heard before about me and my personality and treat me well as if I was always here" I announce, a few people laugh and I smile slightly.

"As funny as it may be, I'm here to support Mr Kim as much as I can- I hope we can make this as fun as possible" I give a quick thumbs up, "Please welcome me well" I bow and people begin to clap.

I stand back up and smile at the class, the mamjority being my friends, warmly.

I then look to the teacher, his face stays hard and stone like. His sculptured features intimidating even me. He tilts his head slightly before almost smirking

"Welcome to the class, Lee Y/N"