009

He lets out what feels like the millionth annoyed sigh. Definitely stubborn, most people would've given up by now.

I try to keep my stare discreet as he paces back and forth before finally taking a seat against the walll besides me. The orange light bulb illuminating the room makes the sweat on his forehead just that little bit more apparent.

He's nervous, as he should be.

"I'm sorry sir" I say meekly, my voice still trying to push the overwhelming emotion I'm supposed to be feeling, "you're being so kind to me and I've managed to just get us locked in this stupid storage room"

I wipe my eye, crocodile tears. There's an awkward silence.

"I'm sorry for lying to your friend the other night" he looks at me suddenly, "I just- I was jealous, you're friends seem to be really close to you- they- they look like they care"

He sighs.

"My friends don't care about me sir- they just- they just use me" I pretend to burst out, putting my head in my hands and rocking my body as if I was crying.

I feel his singular hand on my back, rubbing it in circles in an attempt to make me feel better. I stop the fake crying and sit up slightly, wiping my eyes again for effect. I'm so glad I didn't wear mascara today.

"I can trust you right?" He says after a minute or two. I look at him and nod just a little.

"Yes, of course" I clear my throat.

He takes a deep long breath before running his hand through his hair.

What is he going to say?

"Well the truth is, 4 years ago that man you met- Jimin- he found me having an overdose on my bathroom floor" I try, I really try, to hide my surprise and even amusement. "he spent his own money putting me through rehab and then paid for my university fees to come here, to become a teacher"

I don't say anything, I let him continue. The sunken look on his face tells me there is going to be some sort of awkward moral to his tale of woe.

"I didn't meet him until I needed him- So Y/N, just give it time. No one expects these friends to be your last, they are still immature like children"

They? Not you?

Am I more than them to you?

I smile a little and nod, "thank you sir"

I can't believe this is working so well already. I was expecting at least two more weeks before he told me something that personal, not 2 minutes.

"You're very smart- smarter than I was at your age already" he brightens up a little, shifting himself to look at me. I look at the ground, making myself look at humble as possible.

But he is right. I'm always the top of the class, I always ace my tests, my overall grade is the highest this school has ever seen.

And that's only book smarts.

"Thank you sir, you've really made me feel better about all of this- I'm sure it'll blow over" My lips just let the words mumble out.

Don't give him too much, keep him interested.

"I hope you don't mine me asking" he trails off, obviously about to ask something personal, "Did you really get someone kicked out?"

Of course. The whole 'I told you something totally deep and meaningful to me, so tell me something about you' trick.

I see right through you.

"Yes" I hum.

"Why?"

She tried to steal all of my friends and stole my boyfriend from right under my nose. Oh and then she tried to break into my house and attack me, but we don't talk about that.

It doesn't match my aesthetic.

"Well- She-"

I don't blink, letting my eyes sting and eventually tears to start forming on my water line. I wipe one away.

His hand reaches over and holds mine, his eyes piercing right through me. I almost flinch, but I don't. Instead I just stare into his pupils like he was the last man on Earth.

I mean I can kinda see why everyone says he's the new hot teacher.

"You don't have to tell me"

Stop acting profound. You talk like a teenage boy.

We sit for a second before he decides to speak up again. Why does this 30 minutes we've been stuck in here feel like a life time.

"I thought about what you said the other day" he kisses his teeth, "Me and you aren't that different Y/N"

"what do you mean sir?" I ask, already knowing the answer.

"When I was your age I thought i was the bees knees too- I used to walk around as if my dick was 2 foot long" i laugh a little, purely at the thought of this awkward mess being a thing less than a loner. He thinks I laugh at his mistake. "I mean- Shit"

"It's alright sir I know what you mean" I correct him as his small brain starts to go into panic.

"Taehyung" he corrects me this time.

Taehyung. That took me off guard.

"Huh?"

"Call me Taehyung, Y/N" I swallow.

I smile a little. His eyes linger on mine for a little longer than they were supposed to.

I lean forward, not wanting him to think about what's going to happen. He does the same, out lips pausing only a few centimetres away from eachother.

The air suddenly gets very thick, the smell of his deodorant filling my nose and mixing with the musty mess of the supply room.

"You have beautiful eyes, Taehyung" I say quietly, my mind getting lost in his deep pupils and the ideas of what could go on in this tiny room.

His lips curve and smile, and then they press against mine. I try to go harder, to deepen the kiss, but he doesn't let me and pulls away ever so slightly. I resist the urge to sigh.

"We shouldn't be doing this"

The penny drops.

"Sir-I mean Taehyung- I want this" my hand move and touches the side of his face, moving some of his soft hair from his forehead.

I want him to feel like he's in doing something right. I need him to do this.

He hesitates.

"Please, i want you" I know how soppy it sounds to the unknowing ear. I know how clique this is.

But my god is the plan working so so well.

"Fine" a short, hard breath out leaves his lips, "just not here"

Bingo.

He takes a pen, and then my hand, and writes a name of a cafe on it. I look at it close, I don't recognise it. It must be out of my neighbourhood.

"Meet me here after school"

Every ounce of my being tries to hide the excitement. I look to his eyes. I think he's trying to hide his excitement too.

But we're excited about different things.

I have you now, Mr Kim Taehyung.

A/n

I know this took me months to post it's so bad but I've really been struggling with stuff recently and I would appreciate some understanding!! I am v v sorry it for forever but I'll start working on the next chapter now to get it out as soon as possible!