Chapter 17: Truths out

"-I am the dopplegänger to Katherine, but along the way, I became a Vampire. Pretty much screwed up Niklaus-your Father's plans pretty good or bad... hehe However you'd like to look at it." Elena explained her life story and surprisingly enough, I was about to tell her, that she won the award for 'royally fucked up family'. 

"Whew, I thought my life was pretty screwed up, but you almost-almost earned the award for *the most fucked up family*, but I think I still have the right to that title." I snickered and everyone laughed too, surprisingly enough. 

"Speaking of fucked up, it sure sounds like you have Jeremy." Katherine scoffed and looked down at my very slight bump, though I am sure they heard it's heartbeat by now. I am surprised it took them this long to bring it up, I nervously look at Jeremy but he doesn't look embarrassed, he actually looks proud. 

"No Katherine, I haven't 'fucked up', as you put it and I am sorry Sis, I wanted to tell you in a better Circumstance. Elena, Gwen is pregnant with my Child, it happened that night at my party, when we slept with each other and I do not regret this or her." Jeremy spoke unwaveringly and it made my heart melt. 

"What the hell Jer, I thought that you knew better!" Elena Groaned as she paced around the big room and kept looking between Jer, to my abdomen. While, Katherine dropped her glass, stood there looking as if she were to die any second, while Stefan stood with his fangs bared, standing in front of Elena. 

"Wow, um Congrats Jeremy, I hope that you and Gwen are happy." Stefan shook Jer's hand, then turned to me, stood there for a second, then finally kissed my forehead and softly caressed my abdomen. 

"You have that glow about you, that everyone talks about; It suits you Gwen, stay happy." Stefan smiled at me, stood next to a still pacing Elena. 

"Elena, enough pacing, just look at your Brother. Does he look like he regrets this or wants Gwendolyn out of his life?" Stefan calmly spoke to her, she came to a stop at Stefan's side, as she turned her worried gaze toward Jeremy and I. 

"Well, no but...Jeremy." Elena struggled with her words, but was suddenly kneeling in front of us, since Jer & I were still sitting down. She studied us, watched how Jer kept his hand on my abdomen and looked from his eyes to mine. I am sure there was a form of affection for each other, showing in both of our eyes. 

"All right, fine I give up little Brother. If you are happy and have accepted this, then I guess I can too... please Gwen take good care of my Brother and your guys child." Elena smiled warmly at me as she pulled me into a hug. When she pulled back, she also laid her hand on my abdomen and got a far off look in her eyes. 

I smiled at her and softly touched her hand, trying to let her know that I understand her, mixed emotions on this. 

I sort of knew how she was feeling, after all, if my Brother was still alive and came home with a girl, that was pregnant with his child. 

Then I would be questioning every little thing, including how well I had looked after him and would even upset with myself. 

"Isn't this just lovely, a little meeting considering Gwendolyn and Jeremy's child. Now as touching as this maybe, why don't you come outside and quit avoiding this." Dad called in, opening the door, peering in, but being unable to come in, causing me to wince and Jeremy to lay a hand over my abdomen where our child is growing. 

"Ugh, you know she gets that from you Nik, you never know when to face a problem, if you had it your way you'd keep running from you problems..." Mom groaned as she rubbed her eyebrow in irritation and paced outside. 

"So Gwen sweetie, don't be your Father and come out here and solve this." Abigail/Mom sighed, as she stood beside Dad and I groaned. 

I seriously did not need this right now, I only just told Jeremy's sister that I am pregnant with Jeremy's child. Stefan looked at me and for once didn't look like he wanted to kill me. 

"All right, um Gwendolyn, I know that I have tried to kill you and I am so sorry about that, but um if you want, you are more than welcome to stay here, for as long as you like, right Elena?" Stefan raised a bushy eyebrow at Elena and she just sighed as she nodded her head, with a smile pasted on her face. 

"Wow, um...Thank you Stefan and it's fine, I get it. I would probably go after myself too, if I knew I belonged to Niklaus, but um I do need to go and fix this, so I am not bothered by them and so they don't harass you guys." I told them

standing to my feet, shaking Stefan's hand, nodding at Elena and just walking by Katherine. 

I took a look at Dad and Mom, they both looked irritated, but probably more with each other than anything. So, I took a deep and fortifying breath as I stepped over the threshold that kept them at bay. 

"Dad. Abigail..." I awkwardly greeted the two of them, I guess they made Becca, Elijah and Hayley stay back at the Manor. "Lets take this back home, no sense in bugging them with our family drama." I sighed as I turned back, kissed Jeremy and wooshed back to the Manor.