Chapter 19: Regrets

Chapter 19: Regrets

Niklaus's POV:

I had just watched my Oldest Daughter, Gwen, storm out of the room, walking right by Elijah and looking right well mad. Being a mad Mikaelson never ends well for anyone. So, I turned toward the cause of my Daughters anger, Abigail Fontaine. 

"What the bloody hell is going on Abigail and I want answers." I demanded to know, how she can  hear our Daughters thoughts and why she didn't protect her 'mundane' family better? 

"Jesus Christ! Why the hell does everyone want the answers, that I can't give? I don't get it, ask me my favorite Color, I can answer that; ask me if I fell from heaven, I can answer that." Abigail sighed, but still looked mad. 

"-but ask me how the bloody hell,  my Daughters thoughts always invade my brain, I just... I don't know." Abigail glared at me, but looked mentally exhausted and rolled her eyes. 

It's kind of odd, My Daughter looks a bit more like me, than Abigail, I never noticed that till I looked at Gwen and then am now looking at Abigail. "Ugh, quit staring at me like your examining me or something, it freaks me out." She told me looking irritated, but her irritated face quickly contorted into one of inner pain or something. 

"Abigail, Whats-" I stepped toward her and tried to ask her what was wrong, UNTIL she held up a finger at me. Indicating that I be quiet, but she looked as though someone was twisting a knife to her heart and that slightly concerned me. 

"I have to leave... Clearly I am not wanted nor needed here, I will try my best to try to keep you safe Gwendolyn, despite your dislike of me, I am your Mother and I do love you no matter what; Good-bye." Abby spoke with a tear falling from her eye and her voice hitching at the end. 

"Wait Abigail, what is going on-" Again I tried to ask her, but she was out of the house and apparently out of our lives. I growled and fell back onto the couch, feeling mentally exhausted from Gwendolyn and Abigail. 

Women made no sense and quote frankly if I did understand them, that would worry me more. I just wish that Gwen would open up to me more, I love her and I know she must be going through some stuff in her head and it would make her feel better if she talked about whatever was troubling her. 

Now that I am sitting here and thinking about the Two women who are so much alike that they can not even stand to be in the same room or try to get along. It makes me regret leaving Abigail two centuries ago. 

I am not really the regretful type of guy but, I can't help but wonder; would Abigail and Gwen get along better if I had at least stayed until she had had the child? I don't really know, but I guess everything happens for a reason; because if I had stayed with Abigail, then I know I wouldn't have Hope and Hayley. 

I may have MANY Regrets, but not being there for my Daughter is probably the one regret that cuts the deepest, but I guess that I can still do my best to help her through these tough times. 

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Thanks for reading :) Please remember to Vote, Comment & Share.