Chapter 21: Early

Chapter 21: Early

Jeremy's POV:

Four weeks has passed, since Tyler ordered Gwen from his home and I had talked to him about accepting Gwen.

He still doesn't like her but he doesn't vocally abuse her, he just walks away from her. It was some sort of progress and it's better than nothing. 

"Jeremy!" My Sister sounded frantic as she burst into my room and stood in front of me. 

"Jer, Gwen is having your child!" She told me looking frazzled and I just shook my head, she has to be joking, it's far too early for Gwen to be giving birth. 

"Yeah, I know, I have known for Five months now-" I was telling her, not really in the mood to be joked with about this.

"Damn it, Jeremy, quit being a smart Alec! I mean that Gwen is giving birth to your child, So you need to get there and be there for her!" Elena growled as I looked at her and tried to see if she was joking, but she wasn't. 

She picked me up and literally used her vampire speed to get us to Gwen. This must be a nightmare about Gwen losing our Child, I Think it's fairly normal to have these types of Nightmares. 

This has to be a nightmare, I will pinch myself and I will wake up in my bed and Gwen will still be wobbling around.

I pinched myself and waited for anything to change, but nothing did, I sighed and slumped against Elena, this was all really happening. 

When we arrived, all I could hear was screaming and panting. Niklaus and Elijah were downstairs in the Living room, Klaus holding Hope. "Took you long enough little Gilbert." Klaus sneered as he bounced Hope in his arms, I rolled my eyes. 

"Go ahead, I'll be down here." Elena hugged me and pushed me to go inside. I walked past Klaus and ran up the stairs to where I had heard Gwen. 

All I heard was panting, as I stood outside the door where I heard her and I rushed into her room. She lay on the floor, legs wide open, as Hayley and Rebecca cooed to her. 

"Oh Gwen, I am so sorry I only just heard from My sister, I got here as fast as I could, how is she?" I spoke to her then, to the girls helping her. 

"She's fine, not even close to giving birth yet, she only had a few contractions so far and those were hours apart. She has quite a while to go until she can actually bring your child into the world." Rebecca concluded and I kneeled next to Gwen, rubbing her distended abdomen. 

"She is early isn't she Rebecca? is our Child going to be all right?" I asked her the question that was worrying me. 

"She isn't bleeding, so she isn't having a miscarriage, I imagine your guy's child should be perfectly fine," Rebecca spoke softly and looked down at Gwen, like a doting Aunty. 

"I don't need to think about Miscarriage or anything of the sort at this Moment Jer, if you're going to be here then you need to keep thoughts like those, to yourself!" Gwen growled to me and I nodded my head. 

It's best not to argue with a woman who is giving birth, it never ends well. "Relax Jeremy, this is perfectly normal, for a hybrid pregnancy, she and your child are going to be all right," Hayley reassured me, as she patted my arm and smiled kindly at me.

"So, did you two think about names for your child?" Hayley asked us and I just groaned because we hadn't even spoken about names for our Baby, I know I wasn't really thinking about names because I thought we had a bit more time to think about it. 

"I was thinking 'Elizabeth Jane Mikaelson' if it's a girl and 'Matthew Gilbert Mikaelson' if it's a Boy." Gwen smiled up at me, as I grabbed a towel and dabbed away her sweat. 

"Those are wonderful names Gwen, but I much prefer the name 'Isabelle Jane Gilbert' and 'Drew Mikaelson Gilbert'," I told her and she just frowned. Apparently, she didn't much care for the names I liked, oh well, at least I threw it out there. 

"But, your names flow much better than mine, We will See what happens when it Happens," I told her kissing her and holding her hand. 

There was a knock on the door, Gwen had just had her fourth contraction, bringing her a bit closer to bringing our Child into the world. 

"Becca, Can I come inside? I want to talk." Klaus asked and I smirked, because Niklaus was always so soft spoken around Gwen. 

"Yes, Yes, come in Nik." Becca called and Niklaus came in, closing theddoor behind him.

He quickly strode to the side of Gwen that I wasn't on and kneeled by her. "Hey Little Love, I just wanted to make sure your doing all right, do you need or want anything?" Klaus asked her, while he pet her head and rubbed her abdomen. 

"Never again... never am I going to let this happen." Gwen mumbled, making Hayley, Rebecca, Klaus and I laugh. She started to nod off,  It was only four in the afternoon, a bit early for a nap, but Gwen could use it. 

It seems like Today is, the day for early stuff, including Giving birth, napping and getting along with her Family. I just hope that Gwen won't have to be in pain, for much longer.