CHAPTER 7: Old Memories

OFELIA

After me and Everett both stand there for a moment longer and talk things out a little more, we then head out to where everyone is at and I do have to say that it's really nice to be with someone who loves me and still wants to be with me even though he knows I can't bear his kids.

When we get out to the living room, everyone in the room, including Wes, looks at me with pity in their eyes.

"What's going on?" I asked weirded out a little bit.

"What the hell is wrong with you guys?" Everett asks defensively.

No one says anything but Wes immediately walks up to me and embraces me in a huge tight hug.

"I'm so sorry." He says.

"Okay? Thanks?....." I reply confused.

"I swear we are going to kill him." He tells me as he pulls back and looks at me.

"Thanks? But what are you talking about?" I ask him.

He looks over at the coffee table and there I see an opened file folder.

"Sorry." He says.

"Why did you show everybody?" Everett asks him while clenching his fists.

"Sorry. You left the folder in the car and I just had to see what you read." He says.

"It's okay." I assure Wes. I then look at everyone in the living room feeling a little nervous and a little embarrassed that they know that much personal stuff about me.

"My god this is embarrassing." I hear Everett say under his breath.

"No. It's really alright. In fact, I'm glad that you all know in a way, because now you can all see why I reacted the way that I did, especially around Everett." I confess.

"Oh that? Pff. Girl, we thought it was entertaining to see for once a girl not fall to their knees because of how cute he is." One of the Delta's joked sarcastically and made everyone laugh.

Everett just rolled his eyes and then quickly changed the subject.

"Okay assholes, why don't you guys make yourselves useful and order some food and some of you find out what you can on my brother and his pack's whereabouts." He tells them.

"Yes Alpha." They said in unison.

Once everybody was gone, I start to walk over towards the couch slowly and sit down while looking at the file.

"Baby, I'm sorry that they all saw that, I didn't know I left the folder there." He begins to apologize as he walks over and sits down next to me.

"I'm not upset that they saw it. I mean, I was a little embarrassed at first but, at least this way they believe me, you believe me." I tell him almost feeling a bit relieved yet still a little worried about just how much he really does know.

"Babe, it doesn't matter what I or anyone else thinks. I would have believed you anyways but I just wasn't sure when you would tell me and I was worried." He begins to explain.

"It's alright." I assure him again and then pick up the file and start going through the pictures and information about practically almost my whole life. "Wow."

"What?" He asks me.

"It's been so long since I've seen a picture of my parents." I tell him while trying to fight back some tears.

"I'm really sorry you lost them." He tries comforting me by rubbing my back.

"It happens, right?" I shrugged.

He remained quiet for a little bit.

"I'm sorry that you went through all that you did. I wish I would have been there to comfort you." He tells me.

I smile at him and then go through some more stuff and see the records the pack doctor kept about my injuries that Eddison gave me throughout the years. Especially the day he kicked me so hard in the stomach after hitting me hard and making me fall onto the floor. After the third kick. That's what made me lose the baby and caused so much damage from that and what his Beta did to me a week later. Be sexually assaulted me and hurt me really bad to where I was told I would never be able to bare children again.

I hold onto my stomach as I think back on the day I found out I was pregnant. I was so happy and thought Eddison would be too, but obviously, that wasn't the case.

I don't notice that I'm even crying until I feel myself being pulled into Everett's chest and he's comforting me and I just let it all out and cry the hardest I had ever cried in my entire life.

Next chapter will be posted soon! :)