CHAPTER 10: I'm A Bad Mate

EVERETT

"What the fuck?!" Is all I can think of reacting right now. How the hell did she shift so fast? Anyone whose wolf hasn't been there for them and let them shift for a long time, don't ever shift that fast.

I must admit though that her wolf is beautiful. It's fur is a medium to dark grey, with beautiful brown eyes. Why would she lie?

"Why have you lied to me?" I ask her through mind link. "Shift back into your human shape now!" I demand.

She bows her head and then shifts back, but now of course is nude. She quickly covers herself up and I turn around and head over towards one of the places where we have extra clothes at and come back to toss them at her and put them on.

"Please." She begins but I stop her.

"Wait til you're dressed before we talk." I tell her.

She nods and I turn around and when she is finished, she has me turn around.

"Okay." She says.

I turn around and look at her although not the same as before.

"Sit down." I tell her in a kind tone. "Something I don't like is people who lie to me. Especially if you're going to be my mate. I know you have issues because I remind you of someone who has hurt you and for that, I wish I can erase but I can't. I have been more than patient and am trying harder than I ever have to prove to you that I'm not like my brother. But it seems like it doesn't matter. I mean, if you really trusted me enough like you've said, you never would have hid this from me. So I'm gonna ask you this one time and you better tell me the truth. Why did you lie about your wolf being gone?" I asked while trying not to cry from how hurt I feel and trying not to yell.

"Well, you see, Eddison really did banish my wolf. But she returned the day before I ran away and ended up on your territory. My wolf and I, we were scared. We were scared because at first, when we saw you, we both thought you were really him and then she went hiding again and it wasn't until a week ago that she came back. She was afraid as was I, that you might banish her as well only, for good. My wolf is not like others. Sure she looks like one but she isn't. Sometimes she scares me when she takes over. So I try to not have her show herself. She tries having me do things that I don't want to do. She has the abilities that only Alpha's are supposed to have." She says.

"That makes no sense. There's no such thing as a Luna having the abilities an Alpha does. Now I warned you and I'm gonna give you one last chance to tell me the truth." I warn her.

She closes her eyes and then she finally bursts out the truth.

"Fine! You want the truth? I'm a runt. You know what that is, right? A wolf that nobody wants because everything is wrong with them. I don't have the strength or capabilities that Luna's should have. I was never meant to have a mate but yet I always believed I could one day. It is true what I told you about my wolf just now and that she has returned and that she scares me. You don't know what it's like to wake up every day and try to convince yourself you're worth something. It's hard to see it when most of your life you've heard how much you're worthless." She starts to cry.

I stand there looking at her and now feeling like shit.

"Ofelia.." I began but she stopped me this time.

"No. I don't need or want your sympathy or pity. I'm sorry I'm your mate. I'm sorry that I am used up and broken and just....just damaged. And yes in the beginning it was really hard to not see your brother in you but, you have shown me that you're different." She states and then wipes tears from her eyes. "I think we should stop for today." She says as she turns and starts walking back towards the car.

Damnit! Why did I have to fuck things up like that?! Why did I ever question her?! Maybe she would have told me eventually. Shit! Now she most likely feels embarrassed and what not and most likely more insecure.

The car ride home was awkward as we shared a silence throughout the entire time and once we walked inside the house, she went upstairs into the room and locked the bedroom door.

My heart was breaking. How could I have been that much of an asshole and accuse her of lying and, oh my god, what the hell is wrong with me?! I'm a terrible mate.

Next chapter will be posted soon! :)