CHAPTER 23: He Has No Idea.....

OFELIA

Now that we know who has been the one in my dreams and since he came here yesterday to offer his help, Everett has been worried more than usual. So today since we are all relaxing before the big fight, I decided to take the time to talk with him.

As I close the door behind me after entering the office where he's staring into the fireplace at the lit fire, I can tell he is thinking about a lot of things.

"So tonight's the night." I tell him as I begin walking up to him, placing my hand onto his shoulder.

"I don't want you going." He says.

"We talked about this Everett, I'm going." I tell him.

"You need to stay here and take of our little ones. Keep them safe." He says while still not looking at me.

"Look at me Everett." I ask.

I notice him blink a couple of tears away from his eyes before looking at me.

"I know that you're scared. I am too. I have been for a while, especially since that night I had that nightmare of your brother eating you. Which I still have no idea in why I had it." I try and laugh a little to lighten things up but I can tell he's not gonna be cracking a smile.

"If something were to happen to you and our future kids you having growing in your stomach. I don't know what I would do. I wouldn't want to live." He begins choking on a few tears.

I grab his head and lean my forehead against his and think really hard before saying what I'm about to next.

"If it'll make you concentrate on the fight more and if you promise me you'll come back to me. Then I will stay here and wait for you. WE will." I said the last part while taking his hand and placing it on my stomach.

He looks at me and smiles finally as he grabs my head back and starts to kiss me.

"I love you and I promise I'll come back." He says.

I nod my head and try to fight back the tears that are starting to form.

"You better keep your promise." I tell him.

He smiles at me as we continue to stand there for a moment longer holding each other.

The door opens and in walks Wes and Elijah. 

"It's time Alpha." Wes says.

Everett nods and then looks back at me and smiles before giving me a prolonged passionate kiss as if it were our last. Then he left. It was the last time I knew I would see him for I had a dream last night that I didn't tell him about. It was a dream where the kids were grown and we were standing over a headstone. I knew it was his. I held the kids hands as we stood there, looking at the headstone of their fathers.

When everyone left, I knew he had some of his Omega's stay behind to protect me. Though what was the point? He was never coming back and I was going to become a widow and our future children never knowing who their father was and what he did for us.

I cried for a couple hours before heading into the kitchen to make myself some green tea when I hear movement in the room next to me.

I begin smelling the air and realize there's an all too familiar scent. But how is he here? I thought they were all fighting?

I quickly turn around and grab the sharpest kitchen knife and slowly and cautiously start walking to the doorway of the kitchen and as soon as I peek my head slowly around the corner, out of nowhere, a big wolf comes jumping out from in front of me in the dark living room and lands on top of me as I am knocked down hard onto my back on the ground.

I start trying to fight him off as I soon recognize it's Eddison's wolf. Suddenly, I don't know how or where but I got enough strength and access to kick him hard and forcefully throw him across the way, making him hit the wall really hard and take that opportunity to start running out to see where the hell the Omega's were at.

Then I found them all with deep claw marks across their bodies as they are spread all over the back and front.

So I quickly run into the office and lock the door where I hide in the dark corner and slide down silently crying while covering my mouth, scared out of my mind.

"Please god. Please let him go away." I start to cry.

I try mind-linking Everett and them but nothing.

Then I suddenly start to feel the babies move more in my stomach which I knew the pregnancy was quicker than humans but not this quick. The pain began getting more and more intense until I suddenly feel my bones crack. 'Fuck not now'. I think to myself. I'm starting to shift. Out of all the times.

As soon as I have fully shifted into my wolf form I see the door being knocked down and in comes Eddison and man is he dead.

Next chapter will be posted soon! :)