CHAPTER 24: More Powerful.....

EVERETT

Wes, Trent, Elijah and I both were standing side by side, all of us in our wolf forms as we waited in the middle of the field where we were supposed to be having a fight with my brother and his pack at but nobody else was here.

I had an uneasy feeling when I started making my way over here and now it's been confirmed and is starting to eat away at me.

"Something isn't right." I mind link Wes.

"Yeah, something is definitely wrong." He replies.

"Do you think this was a set up?" Trent mind links us.

That's it! That bastard set me up. Fuck!

"Wes, Quick! I need for you to try and connect with Ofelia NOW!" I tell him before starting to run as fast as I could along with my pack back to the house.

When we finally get to the house, I had my pack surround the place and right away got into the fighting with my brother's pack as we were making our way into the house.

"NO MERCY!" I yell through mind link to them all.

Me nor Wes are able to mind link or get a hold of Ofelia which had worried me even more.

I bit and clawed my way through the packs all fighting until I finally smelled my mate's scent and heard the noise of things breaking from within the office.

I quickly make my way into the room and looked as though I had come just in time, as I see Eddison's wolf and Ofelia's fighting.

The moment I see him getting back up after being forcefully kicked off of her onto the floor and is about to go after her, I intervene and quickly jump in front of her growling deep.

"Hello BROTHER!" Eddison mind links me.

"Long time no see." I reply.

"I've been waiting for this moment for many years." He says as both him and I begin to growl even louder at each other.

That's when I leaped onto him and we both stood on our back legs as we clawed and started snapping our sharp canines at one another and end up rolling all over the floor-knocking things over and breaking some furniture along with other things.

I ignored the pain I was feeling from whatever kind of wound Eddison was giving and same for him too that were being inflicted by me.

I next hear Ofelia giving the loudest bloodcurdling scream that I have ever heard from any female, especially her.

The moment I looked over at her, I next felt myself being forcefully pushed so hard that the impact from my body hitting the wall caused me to create a big deep hole in the wall.

I tried getting up and out the corner of my eye, I noticed Eddison coming towards me until Wes' wolf came out of nowhere from behind and knocked down Eddison and then came a couple more wolves who looked to be Trent's and Elijah's.

All of them growled as they circled Eddison and then finally pounced on him all at once, biting and clawing at him, blood gushing all over the place and then I heard yelps one last time from some wolves, including his before everything fell silent and all the wolves, including the ones left from his pack also, stood in their wolf forms still and looked at his body as it laid lifeless along with Elijah's wolf breathing shallow while on his side.

I struggle to get up and limp over towards his body.

"Hang in there man." I tell him through mind link.

"No. Go help your mate. She's gonna need you. He, poisoned her with Wolfs bane. I was too late. I'm so sorry." He says through struggled breaths and then took his final last breath and closed his eyes.

I couldn't believe this. Then I quickly look back at the office and make my way inside where Ofelia is at. Except, she isn't screaming anymore.

I ran into the office and right away noticed through all the broken things scattered all over, it Wes with his head in her hands on her lap as she held him and cried while they were in their human forms now.

She looked up at me with puffy eyes and tears continuing to fall down her face.

"He saved me." She cried.

I called out to my pack and told some of them to keep an eye out on the members from my brother's pack and to take them down to the basement. Then told the others to fetch us some clothes for us.

Very quickly, a couple of my Omega's came in with clothes for us. Then after me and Ofelia got dressed, we knelt beside Wes again and I just broke down and cried harder than I have ever cried as I lost my Beta. My best friend. My true brother.

"I don't understand." I hear Ofelia.

"What are you talking about?" I ask her through sniffling.

"I thought I saw your tombstone...I don't understand." She starts to cry.

"What do you mean? You had a dream about my death?" I ask her.

"I dreamed of our kids and I standing over a tombstone but I couldn't see the name. All I knew was that we were crying and...." She stops herself as she begins to realize something.

"What?" I ask her.

"Wolfs bane." She says under her breath.

"What about it?" I ask.

"He took it out of me." She stops herself and covers her mouth with her hand. "One of Eddison's guys came in here when we were fighting and I remember feeling a sting in my arm as my wolf and I laid on the floor and then a burning sensation started to rapidly move through my veins and all throughout my body. I was screaming and then he came." She says crying even more and holding her stomach as I look at her and begin to cry even more myself before looking back down at Wes.

Damn you Wes. Why? As grateful as I am that he saved Ofelia and our babies, why?

I then looked up at the ceiling and began to loudly growl that sounded close to a lion's roar followed by a long howl to let everyone know that Wes dead.

We all sat there for the rest of the night until the sun came up and we saw the aftermath of what looked to be a bloody massacre.

All wolves from both my pack and Eddison's who were now dead, including Elijah, were all in their human forms.

I couldn't look at Eddison. Though he looked unrecognizable, I still couldn't look at him without feeling that rage. That anger. That disgust.

I tried fighting back tears as well as my rage as I told my guys who were standing around now back in their human forms, what I wanted them to do next.

"I've made my decision." I begin to say through clenched teeth while looking at my brother. "I want you to tie up who's left of my brother's pack each together in a circle with their backs against each other's. Then I want you to have my brother's body on the middle of their circle and I want you to burn them all alive. Make them scream until their last breath."

"Alpha..." Trent starts to say.

"Do it." I turn my head and look at him. "They will get no mercy, just as they showed MY mate and for what they did to Wes. Now either you do it with my men, or I will have you join them." I tell him.

"Yes Alpha." Trent bows his head a little and then turns around to start getting all the men from Eddison's pack and do as I ordered them to.

Between last night and today, I feel more powerful than ever.......

Next chapter will be posted soon! :)