CHAPTER 8: Perfect Date

EVERETT

I have felt bad for Ofelia and have been trying to take things slow but I don't think it would hurt to see if she would want to go out on a date with me.

I know that there's no way Eddison or his men will run into us here, he knows better. Besides, even if him and his men tried to, my men would tell me.

So I walked into the living room where I saw her sitting on the couch watching TV.

"Hey." I greet her with a smile.

"Hi." She smiles back at me and muted the TV real quick.

Suddenly I began to get nervous. Which why the hell am I so nervous? I don't ever remembering a time when I was this nervous to ask a girl out. Then again, she's my mate and has been through so much that I guess maybe deep down inside, I'm afraid she'll tell me it's too soon. However, I know I look like an idiot just sitting here as she waits for me to say something. So I take in a deep breath and let it out before I begin asking.

"Would you like to go out on a date with me?" I finally come out and ask.

At first her face is expressionless and then I notice a smile appear on her face.

"I'd love to." She smiles.

"Great." I smile in return.

"When?" She asks.

"I was thinking in a little bit?" I suggest.

"Sounds good. But how should I dress?" She asks.

"Oh uh, casual is fine." I smile.

"But what do you want me to wear wear." She repeats.

"What do you mean?" I asked confused.

"Like, do you want me to wear a short dress, skirt? Low shirt? High shirt? Pants? Sweater?" She begins to name of a few things.

Damn, did Eddison really control everything including telling her what to wear?

"I want you to wear whatever makes you feel good. Although, if you wear something too revealing, I can't guarantee how I'll react to seeing others looking at you." I tell her in a serious tone but with a smirk as well.

"Trust me, nobody else will look at me." She says.

"Hey.." I say as I turn her chin to look at me. "You're beautiful and I want you to understand that even if you were looked at, I would just let them know you're mine and hold you closer to me and kiss you." I began to say but stopped myself as soon as I realized what I just told her and saw her blushing, which I love making her do.

"I don't really get looked at, so you won't have to worry about that." She says.

We look at each other for a moment more and then both get up and head upstairs to get ready.

After getting ready and renting a limo for us to take, we start heading over towards the restaurant that since I was able to reserve a table for her and I at the last minute because I know the owner.

When we got out and walked inside, we were greeted by a young guy that had slicked back hair and didn't even notice me but definitely noticed Ofelia in her beautiful knee length emerald green dress with dark lace over it and medium height heels along with her loose dark curls hitting the middle of her back.

"I have reservations for tonight, for Everett. Alpha Everett." I told him.

His look was priceless as soon as he looked at me with a now scared look.

"I'm sorry Alpha. Forgive me." He said.

"Just seat us at our table please and I'll forget the whole thing." I assure him.

He seemed relieved as soon as I said that and we went over and I held the chair out for her and then sat across from her.

We ordered some wine and we ordered some food as well. Which at first she mentioned a side salad but I have been trying to tell her to eat in front of me since she's been scared to which I know has to be something else my brother must have done to her. I swear when I get my hands on him.

Luckily she saw me looking at her and ordered an actual meal.

We began talking and getting to know each other more. Then after dinner I looked over at the dance floor that was on the deck and underneath a lit up gazebo here at the restaurant where there was already a few people slow dancing with each other.

"Wanna dance?" I asked.

"Uh, I'm not good at dancing. I'd probably step on your feet." She chuckles nervously.

"Come on." I smile at how cute she is.

She takes my hand and we make our way to the dance area and as I place one arm around her waist, she place one hand on my shoulder and the other one in my other hand and we begin moving. She does good for a brief moment but then steps on my foot.

"Ah." I say.

"That's it, I'm gone." She says.

She turns to start walking away back to the table but I stop her and pull her back to me and the next thing I know is I have her look into my eyes and then we start dancing and she quickly catches on. Then after a couple of songs, we stop and that's the moment I lean in closer to her and we share a passionate romantic kiss.

Next chapter will be posted soon! :)