CHAPTER 22: It's A Deal

EVERETT

I can't believe that fucker got into the house! That's it! I am NEVER letting her out of my sight again! The bigger question I have right now is how he ever got past any of my guys? Do I have to question my pack and their loyalty to me?!

I had Wes tell everyone to come as soon as possible for a meeting. So I take Ofelia's hand and entwine our fingers while walking into the room everyone is at, including Trent and his guys.

My rage begins to build more and more knowing that somebody in this room is a traitor.

"I have called all of you here because I am willing to give whoever is a traitor, to come clean." I began.

"Come clean for what?" One of the Omega's says.

"Earlier today, while I was out trying to get something for YOUR future Luna, I returned home to find out that my brother was able to come in. The funny thing is, there was never any force of entry. Which means, SOMEBODY here let him in." I state as I glare at everyone. 

"Ow." I hear Ofelia say quietly.

I hadn't realized that I was so angry that I was squeezing her hand tightly.

"Sorry." I tell her.

She just smiles and then takes a seat.

"Guys, nobody is leaving here until you confess." Wes says.

"Well how come she couldn't see?" One of the Omega's asks.

"What was that?" I asked the guy.

"I thought our future Luna could see things?" He says.

"You dare to question my mate?!" I ask through clenched teeth.

"I am simply asking a question, Alpha." He says.

"No. She wasn't able to this time. We don't know why yet but it doesn't matter if rather or not she can see that. The point is, we have someone here who has gone against our pack and Alpha and should come clean now." Wes states.

We look around the room a little more as we wait and then I hear behind me, Ofelia.

"Oh my god, it's him." She says.

I look back at her and she stands up and next to me.

"What?" I ask her.

"It's the guy from my dreams." She says while not taking her eyes off the person in the very back of the room by the door.

I follow her gaze and land my eyes on a guy leaning up against the wall while smirking at us.

"Good to see you again." He says.

"Elijah." I say. "You've got some fucking nerve."

"Relax. I'm offering you a deal." He begins while walking towards me and Ofelia.

"What makes you think I would ever do a deal with you?" I ask.

He stops a few feet away from us.

"Because I can give you what you want." He states.

"Like what?" I ask with curiosity.

"I can help you with your brother. While in exchange, you promise to let me leave and not ever come after me again." He says.

"After what you've done?! Not just me but my mate. There's no deal." I glare at him.

"Please. I know you don't owe me any favors and I truly am sorry for everything, including scaring your mate. Just trust me, you want my help." He says and then he looks at Ofelia and I notice they have locked eyes with each other and they do it for a minute until they finally break eye contact.

"Oh my god." I hear Ofelia say as she wipes away a tear.

"What?" I ask her worried and then look back at him and lunge towards him, knocking him down onto the ground. "I swear I'm going to fucking kill you!" I yell before getting ready to punch him but am immediately pulled off of him.

"Baby please." Ofelia says. "He showed me what will happen and none of my nightmares were his fault. He was forced to do it." She began to explain.

"What do you mean, forced?!" I asked confused.

"Eddison threatened him by holding his mate hostage and promised to let her go after he helped but..." She stops herself as she begins to cry a little more. "He raped her and then killed her recently." She cries. "And showed me what he wanted to do to me." She says looking at him then hugs him. "I'm so sorry." She cries.

I think for a moment before I say anything.

"If this is some kind of a trick." I began.

"I swear it's not. I don't want to see you lose your mate as I did mine. Especially to someone as sick as your brother." He says.

I look at everyone, then at Wes and then at Ofelia. She has her arms around me now and I can't imagine anything happening to her.

"Alright. Deal." I hold out my hand and shake his.

Next chapter will be posted soon! :)