CHAPTER 17: No! No!No!

EVERETT

Well that was weird. I thought to myself after hearing about what her ability is.

The drive back to the house was silent and I wasn't sure in what to tell her.

"So how are you feeling?" I ask her just to break the silence.

"I don't know. I don't want this." She says.

"I know it must suck but don't worry. Like he said, we can help you control it." I start to tell her.

"What good will that do?!" She asks with sadness in her voice.

"I don't know. But there has to be a way to look at this as a positive." I try and tell her.

"You don't understand. Even if I control it or whatever, I can't control what I see. I saw you being eaten by Eddison. I've seen all of you hurt or killed and then.....I just don't understand why this is happening to me. Why this CURSE was given to me." She cries out a little bit and stopping herself to wipe away her tears.

I decide not to say anything else and try to find a way to help her.

After pulling up to the house, she gets out without saying anything still and hurries inside to our bedroom and closes the door.

"I take it things didn't go too well?" Wes asks.

"Not exactly. We found out today that she has a rare ability. She can foresee things and her dreams are like premonitions." I tell him.

"What? That's awesome!" He says.

"No it's not. Her dreams lately, they've been mostly of me being killed and last night's was weird cause she said she saw Eddison eating me." I said disgusted and not believing the words coming out of my mouth.

"Woah. That's crazy shit." He says. He then let's out a breath. "Well, you know what you should do. You should make sure her dreams aren't being contaminated." He says before starting to walk away.

"Wait, what did you just say?" I ask him.

"You know. Sometimes people with that ability can have dreams contaminated by others. Especially if...." He stops himself as he thinks about something.

"Especially if what?" I asked.

"Uh, I don't know if I should tell you." He says.

"You better tell me Wes." I warn him.

"Well, you said Eddison is in everyone of her dreams, right?" He asks.

"Yeah. Why?" I ask more worried and upset.

"He has already marked her." He hesitates in saying.

"What? That's impossible. Her and I are mates and besides, there's no mark on her neck or anything." I tell him.

"There's one somewhere and until you mark her yourself, he will be in every one of her dreams and could possibly manipulate her mind." He says.

"Are you sure?" I ask.

"Yeah. I've seen it before." He states.

"Oh my god." I say under my breath.

"Well, I'm gonna go and help Trent and his friends with the training. Talk to you guys later." He says before he starts walking out the back.

I then make my way upstairs although I stop myself halfway and try to make sure I control the anger that I have at the moment knowing that he marked her. And why wouldn't she tell me? Unless...I stop thinking and quickly make my way upstairs and walk into the room and see she isn't in there.

So I knock on the bathroom door and try to open it but soon see that she has locked the door.

"Baby? Please open up." I ask.

She doesn't answer me and the next thing I hear is a loud thump. So I bust through the door and see her lying passed out on the floor with a bottle of now spilled pills beside her.

No. No. No. This can't be happening.

"Oh my god, no! Baby what did you do?" I ask as I quickly pick her up bridal style not being able to see clearly from my eyes filling  with tears while walking out to the bed and placing her down.

"HELP ME!! SOMEBODY PLEASE HELP!" I yell out with tears falling down my face as I hold my baby in my arms.

Wes and several others quickly come running inside and stop when they see her.

"What the fuck?!" Wes yells out as he looks at her.

"Call the fucking pack doctor man. Tell him it's an emergency." I cry out to him.

I look at her and start to blink away some tears.

Next chapter will be posted soon!