CHAPTER 13: What Just Happened?!?

OFELIA

It was great having Trent here and has been going back and forth between here and Eddison's pack. It has been a couple weeks now and everyday there has been more and more pack members of Eddison's coming and proving themselves worthy of a spot in Everett's pack and just as promised by Trent, they were worthy. Even Everett was impressed and surprised at how good they were.

Trent has also been giving us good information about Eddison and so far no fighting has been announced. Not to say we're safe but so far, we're okay and have some time to train a little more and prepare by coming up with a plan.

Today, Everett has set up a few things for him and I to do to help get my mind off of everything going on.

So him and I had gone out to see a movie, then went to have a picnic at the park and are now sitting in a restaurant having dinner and I am not trying to ruin the moment but I feel like I really need to know more about his brother.

"You know, I was wondering about your brother." I began before taking a bite from my dessert.

He looks up from his glass of wine and then scowls a little and sits back looking at me.

"What about him?" He asks.

"I was just wondering what went wrong with you both and if you guys were ever close before." I say.

"Yeah, we used to be close when we were five and it didn't last long. He was always a bad person. He always dreamed of gaining power and control no matter what it took. He has always wanted to be feared. So he always did everything his way and against the laws of the wolf." He says.

"Huh." I let out not on purpose.

"What?" He asks frustrated

"Well, it's just that when I first met him he didn't seem that way. He seemed more like he actually cared. But then one day he changed-just snapped." I began.

"Trust me, he was hiding the real him. He always was good at reeling people in that way." He said as he finished off the wine in his glass.

We shared a moment of silence and I right away regretted ever bringing him up.

"I'm sorry. I shouldn't have brought it up." I tell him.

"No you shouldn't have. It almost makes it sound like you....." He stops himself as he takes out his wallet and throws the money onto the table while standing up. "I'm gonna go and get in the car."

He then walks away and I know that I have fucked up. Why would I ever do that and ruin something as great as one of the best days I have had in my whole life.

So I get up and head outside and then see him sitting in the car and the valet guy opens up the door for me. I get in and Everett starts peeling out of the driveway.

Something was still bugging me though. What was he going to say at the table before stopping himself? Well, I guess things couldn't get any worse.

"What did you mean back there when you said that it almost made me sound like....what did you mean by that?" I ask.

I notice him white knuckling the steering wheel and stepping on the gas pedal a little more.

"Just let it go." He snaps at me.

"I just want to know." I snapped back at him, irritated at him snapping at me for just asking a question. Cause yes, maybe I never should have said anything but come on, why can't he just answer the damn question?!

He then hits the breaks real hard after pulling over quickly on the side of the road and then looks at me.

"Fine! You really want to know what I was going to say?! I'll tell you! I was only going to say that you sounded as though you were trying to defend him or something. Trying to say that he was nice in the beginning and all that bullshit. Maybe he was but the truth is, I don't give two shits about my brother! Not to mention bringing him up in ANY of our conversations when I'm struggling with the fact that I'm wanting to kill him, my own fucking brother because of what he's done to others and to you! Now you're bringing him up as though you might still have feelings for him back when he was 'good' in your eyes like some battered woman that wants to..." He ranted and I stopped him by slapping him.

"Fuck you!" I tell him as I feel tears filling up my eyes and I quickly open up the door, not knowing nor caring where I'm at and start walking off.

That son of a bitch! Was all I could think. How dare he call me that and say I would EVER even defend that asshole.

Next chapter will be posted! :)