CHAPTER 19: Tomorrow Is A New Day

OFELIA

When I open my eyes I see an older gentleman sitting beside me on the bed, checking my pulse. Then he notices I'm awake and smiles.

"Hello Ofelia. I am the pack's doctor. How are you feeling? Do you remember anything at all?" He asks.

"I feel okay. Tired and a little sore but, okay. And I don't remember much. Other than returning home with Everett and I was upset about something and then, I don't know after that." I explain.

"Well, Everett found you unconscious on the floor in the bathroom with a bottle of pills beside you. However, I have not found any traces of that medication in your system. Not to mention, it's not possible for you to have taken the few you supposedly took and cause you to overdose."

"I tried to kill myself?" I ask in shock.

"That's what it looked like but again, you never took the pills so whatever you tried to do, luckily you didn't succeed. It's a mystery though in how you got that way." He says.

I'm beyond confused right now. I vaguely remember being upset but don't remember what about. However, I don't see myself trying to take my own life neither.

"So I'm okay then?" I ask him as he packs up a few of his things then stands up and looks at me.

"You'll be fine. I gave you something that'll help you be better by tomorrow. I do though, ask that you take easy still. Those little ones growing inside of you are very precious." He says.

"What little ones?" I ask him confused.

"You're a few weeks pregnant." He smiles at me.

"I am? But..." I began to question and then stopped.

"Not every one experiences the obvious signs such as morning sickness and so forth. With that, I must be going but I will return in a few weeks to check up on you and them." He says while looking at my stomach.

"But how is that? I was told a few years ago that I couldn't get pregnant." I tell him.

"Well, you're one of the special one's I guess." He smiles and winks at me.

I then nod while holding my stomach. How could this be?

"Thanks doc." I tell him.

"You're welcome. Call me if you need anything." He tells me before leaving and closing the door behind him.

After he has left, I then look down at my stomach and begin to cry.

"I can't believe I'm pregnant." I say out loud under my breath.

I next hear the door close softly and didn't realize it even was opened, but am happy then quickly feel bad as I notice the circles under his eyes from the lack of sleep, along with sadness and his hair messed up.

He slowly begins walking towards me and seems to be acting cautious.

"Hey." He says after stopping and standing beside the bed.

"Hi." I tell him through sniffles.

"How are you feeling?" He asks sounding stuffed up and defeated as there's a lot of sadness in the tone of his voice.

"I'm feeling alright and I want you to know that I didn't try to kill myself." I try to tell him.

"You have no idea..." He stops himself and fights back tears before continuing. "What it did to me to find you like that. I just, I thought I had lost you."

"I know, but I swear that, I don't remember exactly what made me get to that point but please believe me that I didn't try to do that." I try and tell him while letting some tears fall down my face. "I'm sorry if I scared any of you guys, especially you." I tell him.

He stands there for a moment longer, wipes away some tears then I notice out the corner of my eye, him slowly starting to sit down on the bed beside me and faces me.

I next feel his hand gently move my chin towards him and then starts to kiss me.

"I love you so much and I promise that we're gonna figure this all out." He says to me as he places his forehead against mine.

"Okay." I reply.

I then next feel his hand move gently onto my stomach and starts to rub it a little bit which makes me smile.

"I'm sorry." He starts to apologize.

"Why?" I asked confused.

"I'm sorry that I got you pregnant while all of this is going on, not to mention, I had wanted you to get pregnant when we already were married." He begins.

I can't help but smile with so much admiration more than ever before now. So I lift his head back to looking at me again.

"It doesn't matter when we get married first of all. Secondly, you weren't the only one there that made the baby. And lastly, as long as you and I love these kids as well as each other then it doesn't matter." I smile at him and he smiles back at me.

"You're right." He tells me.

"I know I am." I joke.

We both then laugh a little bit and then he bends down and kisses my stomach.

"Can I get you anything baby?" He asks me.

"Just you." I smile at him and he leans in to kiss me again, wrapping his arms around me.

We both cuddle with each other until we fall asleep in each other's arms. Although before we go to sleep he tells me that Wes may be able to help me with my ability.

Tomorrow I also need to find a way to figure out what really had happened with me.

Next chapter will be posted soon! :)