Chapter 32 - Euphoria

Khushi's mind was fuzzy, the last remnants of her dream being chased away by the realization that she was awake again. It was a nice dream, something about rain pattering against her window, and entwining hands with Arnav...

With a mental sigh she allowed her brain to focus and cautiously open one eye. The bright spring sunlight cuts the room in half and she saw dust-motes dancing in the wall of light. Khushi pulled the duvet up over her head to keep it out. Turning on her side, her face met with something not so soft, and from the crinkle in sound, she assumed it to be a sheet of paper. Lifting her head slightly, she squinted at the thin sheet of white that lay on the pillow beside her.

Blinking several times before touching it, she realized that nothing had been a dream. But reality in fact, and her heart lurched as her eyes widened. Quickly grabbing it, she ran her fingers over the imprint his writing had made onto the paper.

I left early in the morning, and yes the weather was perfectly fine. See you soon.

-A

A smile broke out abruptly at the thought, as she settled down on her pillow once more. Would things be okay eventually? Would it start from here, and maybe persist?

Dismissing any questions, she realized that it was time to move with life. Not remain in the past. Move forward.

She wondered if she should call Arnav. Ask if he was okay? Had he slept on the bed with her, or on the couch? Had he slept at all? She took a deep breath to calm herself down.

Don't be crazy, Khushi.

If he needed, he would call her. They were supposed to take things slow, she reminded herself. For now, she had more important issues at hand. Such as having a serious talk with that younger cousin of hers. Siddharth was in big trouble, she thought with a smirk as she hopped out of bed.

----

Diya Sen had been a newly hired employee at the AR Designs office located in Lucknow. She had perpetually been engrossed and attracted to the world of fashion ever since the olden days of her youth. Growing up in Calcutta, she had hammered away, waded through the water to earn her place somewhere. And her hard work had been paid off after she had sent in her resume to AR and gotten an offer. She would be working as ASR's assistant in the upcoming fashion event held there, as well as project manager. Overjoyed initially, her happiness had a premature death when she realized who she was working for. ASR? The arrogant business man who sent his employees running scared? Nevertheless, Diya was not one to back away from challenges, so she had accepted wholeheartedly and promised herself that she would try her absolute best before any drastic decisions would be taken. It was her first day with him after his arrival, and she had already used several coats of deodorant from the constant perspiration out of nervousness. The other employees had already commented on him, scaring her to death. And even her friends knew about ASR, the most handsome devil there was. And not having any help or advice from his previous assistant who was currently on maternity leave, she was accompanied with the opinions of the people around her. Even Akaash Raizada, his own blood cousin had asked her to concentrate fully whenever he would give her instructions.

When she had met him for the first time in the morning during the present day, she had her mouth agape for several seconds, because he was even more handsome than they showed him to be in the pictures on the Internet. He had politely showed her around, introduced her to others and made it clear that she was a very important and vital part of this whole event, and that hard work was key. But it was very brief, and she could not fathom what to think of it. It would probably be worse once she actually started working, wouldn't it?