Bus

One day passed... I didn't get any texts from him. I started getting worried. I shouldn't have said what I said. I should've just explained my state to him. I guess on that day I just had to see how he is in school then.

Once I reached school, I immediately saw him standing at the gate. He saw me and ran towards me. He straight up hugged me and said "I'm sorry, Liam. I didn't know what came over me. It felt like you were hiding things from me which I
didn't like and I guess I flipped. I'm really sorry"

"No it's fine. It isn't your fault. I should've just explained it to you."

"No, it was your privacy, I should've respected your decision."

"It's my fault... I shouldn't have hid it. The more I try to hide it, the more it hurts, and you getting angry at me because I didn't explain myself shows your concern for me. So thank you, so much."

"No worries. Do you mind telling me what happened?"

"I'm not ready to tell you the entire story yet, but I can tell you half of it."

I began explaining what I've been going through. The demons in my head, the wars I fought and still fighting, the moments where I feel like the total worst.

"This... thing... has been controlling me for quite some time now. I hear all these hateful comments in my mind. I keep telling myself I suck, I don't deserve anything, I'd be better off dead. Things like that... lead to me using that blade on my wrist. That's all I'm comfortable saying."

"Wow, I didn't realise you are going through so much. Don't worry though, I'll be here to protect you. If anything, just tell me and I will try my best to help you. Think of me as your guardian hehe."

"Haha! Thank you so much!"

"Welcome! Now, let's get to class! We don't want to be late!"

"Alright"

During class, the usual happened. I couldn't pay attention during class since I was too busy admiring him, I laughed at pretty much all his jokes, and I just couldn't stop thinking about him. After that, nothing much really happened... till we got onto the bus back home.

The bus journey usually takes around an hour and we alight at the same stop so I would always take the bus with him. This time, something unexpected happened.

I was so tired from the school day I could barely keep my eyes open. During the bus journey back home, I fell asleep. My head felt so heavy... and I felt it leaning on something. I didn't pay much attention to what I was leaning on till I felt it move a little. I looked up and realised that I was sleeping on Jonah's shoulder. He looked down at me, concerned at first because I didn't get enough sleep, but that concerned looked quickly turned into a cute smile which made me blush a little so I quickly looked back down, still lying on his shoulder. I heard him giggle a bit, followed by him saying "If you're tired, you can just sleep if you want. There is still a long way to go."

I was surprised... like really surprised. I thought he would push my head away but he didn't, in fact he allowed me to sleep on his shoulder.

"Th... thank you." I stuttered because I was also nervous.

I made myself comfortable, closed my eyes, and drifted off to sleep.

"Liam... Liam, wake up. We're almost at our stop," he whispered to me.

I opened my eyes and the first thing I saw was his face looking down and me. I smiled at him and quickly got up. I was so reenergised by that nap. Once we got off the bus, I wanted to thank him.

"Thanks Jonah, for lending me your shoulder..." I thanked him while having my cheeks turn red.

"It's fine! Hey, you can lie down on my shoulder anytime. If you're tired, if you're having a bad day, I'm here for you if you need him. Now, go home and rest okay? I'll see you tomorrow! Bye!"

"Bye! Ya see you!"

With that, we both parted for the day. Once I got home, I went into my room and started writing in my diary.

"Dear Diary,
Today was literally one of the best days ever! He was so sweet! In the morning, the usual stuff happened, but on the bus back home, I fell asleep on his shoulder and he gave me the cutest and warmest smile ever! I literally lost it right there. I couldn't stop blushing, I was so embarrassed. After we got off he told me that I could lie on his shoulder anytime! I was so nervous I couldn't talk properly but he didn't seem to mind. OMG he is so sweet. Hopefully he wasn't suspicious though. I think me blushing was a clear sign that I liked him but I don't think he noticed. If he ever found out, my life would be over. I would literally die of embarrassment and I don't think he would want to talk to me after that. Anyways, catch you tomorrow! Nights!"

I closed my Diary, layed on my bed and drifted off to sleep with him being my last thought of the day.