Thief

It was 7 in the morning, my eyes opened to see Jonah beside me still sleeping like a baby. We were in the same position, only now his hand was holding mine. I looked up to see his face. Goddamn it, he is gorgeous even when he sleeps, and then there's me who looks like a potato next to him. I hope he didn't see how I slept. I swear that would be embarrassing.

While being caught up in my own thoughts, I didn't notice Jonah awake.

"Hey baby, how was your sleep? Did you get cold in the end?"

"Not with you here!"

"Glad to hear that. I swear you are the cutest little thing when you sleep"

"YOU SAW ME WHILE I WAS SLEEPING?!?" my face flushed.

"I woke up in the middle of the night and saw you all curled up next to me. You were literally like a baby I can't even!"

"Alright let's try to forget about that please and move on with the day. I really hope you don't see anything more. Let's get ready for school"

We got changed, me getting my cutest shirt and hoodie, as usual, and Jonah looking fine with any shirt he's wearing. He is like the god of hotness like what even is this? How can someone be so beautiful inside and out? And I mean it's not like I just met him. I've known him for quite some time now, yet I still don't know his secret. We shall find out sooner or later I guess.

Once we were in school, the first thing we did was, of course, go to our lockers, and of course, we had to see someone who I really did not want to see. Wanna take a lucky guess who? Well, it is none other than our good old thief of love, Roxanne. Roxanne was the same girl that tried to hit on my man but failed because we all know how Jonah is and he would never leave me for her. Especially, her. 

"Hey handsome, I guess fate brought us to meet each other again."

"Fate? I'd like to think of it as a mere coincidence" I actually stood up for Jonah this time. Something in me sparked and I'm guessing it was my disgust for her.

"Shut up, nerd. You don't know a thing about love, but I do, and I can show it explicitly to our dear old friend, Jonah."

"Woah... alright I think that's a little bit too far. I'm sorry Roxanne, but my heart is with Liam now, and I don't think anything will change that right now."

"Fine, you win for now, but I have one request. Do you mind if I borrow your jacket? It's a bit cold and your jacket will do just fine."

"Sure, just make sure you hand it back to me before Math. Liam here is gonna need it since it's a norm for him to get cold during Math class."

"Ya sure. Don't worry, I'll return it."

"Cool! See you in Math Class Liam!"

As Jonah left, I was about to proceed to my class when Roxanne pulled me by the collar.

"Listen here Nerd, Jonah WILL be mine whether you like it or not. So have fun with him while you still can, time's ticking." 

She pushed me away and walked down the hall into her classroom. He will be hers? I don't believe that one bit. Jonah would never. AND WAIT, did Jonah just say his heart was with me? WERE WE A COUPLE AND I DIDN'T KNOW ABOUT IT? I guess destiny locked in.

After that incident, the day went by with all the usual stuff happening. Students stressing about finals, me getting cold all the time and Jonah lending me his jacket. Was I that small? I really need some fats to keep warm before that jacket sticks with me.

After school, I was at my locker waiting for Jonah which is an every-day thing. That day was... different though. While waiting, I heard some voices.

"Loser,"

 I looked around and tried to see where they were coming from because they sounded like insults. No one was there. Then I heard another one... 

"Dyke"

and another one... 

"Sucker"

and one more. At that point, I knew that I was back in my cloud of insults. 

"Fat, ugly, worthless, everyone else is better." 

Even though common, they still hurt me. I tried to cover my ears but the voices were still loud as ever. I fell to my knees, clutching my head in despair. Nothing could be heard, but my own thoughts. Not until I heard a voice from a distance.

"Liam... Liam! You alright? What happened?" Jonah concerningly asked with his eyes the biggest I've seen them.

Tears stopped trickling down and I just blanked out, not knowing what to do. Jonah tried to pull me up but my legs refuse to budge. It is as if I'm paralysed by my own fears and despair. Without warning, Jonah carried me onto his back and brought me back home. I looked up at him, his face in the sunset with the wind lightly blowing his hair, I felt more calm. The voices began to fade, and I was finally stable.

We arrived home and Jonah let me down onto the bed.

"What happened back there? You alright now?"

"Ye, I'm fine. I was just back in my dark cloud again. It's over now, thanks to you!"

"Thank God, don't ever scare me like that again, Liam! I was really worried!"

"I'm sorry, Jonah... I will tell you the next time I have that again."

"Promise me that,"

"I promise!"

Jonah kissed me on the forehead and ruffled my hair, which brought me back to when I first met him. Embarrassing, yet a start to something beautiful. However, I was starting to think that it would end soon due to my declining mental stability and I wasn't sure how long more I could handle the pain I felt inside. It was as if I was putting on a mask whenever I was around Jonah. I never wanted to show him how I really felt and so I decided not to show it until it breaks me and he finds out on his own. As much as I could, I didn't want to worry him but I unintentionally do and that breaks my heart to know how much I was troubling and hurting Jonah. I was hoping could keep up and improve but I was starting to question myself, was I really strong enough?