Anger

"Jonah?"

Jonah paused and diverted his attention to me. Instead of doing anything, he just stared at me with an emotionless face. After that, he went back to making out with that girl which I already hated. I slammed the door and ran out of the house, tears dripping down my face like a waterfall, so much that I thought it would never end. My mind was filled with different emotions all running around, anger, disgust, disappointment, and of course, sadness. I couldn't believe Jonah would do this to me. I thought he was my best friend, this is not what best friends do to each other. This isn't right.

I arrived at my house, went to my room and drained out all my tears under the blanket. I couldn't stop thinking about it. After an hour or so, I heard the door open. The only person it could be was Jonah since he was the only other person who had the key to the house. As he walked into the room, I hid under my blanket. I could still see his silhouette. He was drunk, and couldn't walk properly. he then collapsed on his bed and fell asleep.

I was worried, I couldn't sleep at all. What would I say to him in the morning? What will he say to me? Will he even remember this? All these thoughts kept dancing around in my head, which made it very difficult to sleep. I tried my best to ignore them, closed my eyes, and fell into a deep slumber.

The next morning, I awoke to the sight of Jonah sitting on the bed with his hands on his head. I guess he was having a really bad hangover. I sat up, and he quickly turned to look at me. I grunted and started getting out of my bed.

"Liam wait!" He shouted while grabbing my wrist, holding me in place.

"Look I remembered what happened last night, I saw you running out of the room. I just wanted to apologise. I was just too drunk and..."

"Stop it, Jonah! Don't blame this on the alcohol. I know for a fact that alcohol acts as a truth serum. Whatever you did yesterday, that was the true you. You lied to me. You gave me hope, but you crashed it down. This isn't the Jonah that I know. The Jonah I know and love wouldn't do this to his best friend. He wouldn't give so much hope, and crash it down after that. That is just so fucked up. Why? Why give me hope when you know that we will ever happen. Are you just trying to play with my feelings? Huh? Is that it? Tell me, Jonah. What is your true intention?"

He went silent. He didn't know what to reply. He didn't have an answer, so all he could do was look at me with remorse.

"That's what I thought"

I pulled my hand away from him and left without saying another word. I walked out of the house and didn't look back. He was there, speechless. Jonah didn't know what to do anymore. Was it over? Was our friendship over? We couldn't tell.

A few days went by and the situation was still tense. I couldn't get over that memory. Whenever I saw him, flashbacks from that night will start invading my mind, I couldn't stop thinking about it. Every time I thought of it, I would just breakdown and it didn't matter where I was. At school, at home, in the mall, anywhere. He still was living with me so whenever it was bedtime, I would just hide under my blanket, so that I didn't have to look at him, and those are just the thoughts of the memory. My inner demons kept tormenting me, saying stuff like how he hates me and how he is disgusted by who I am. My mental health was deteriorating and this situation wasn't helping at all.

However, no matter how angry I was at him, my heart just wanted him back. My mind was telling me to stay away but my heart told me otherwise. I was so conflicted, I want him back so badly but I'm scared that all this might repeat itself. Every time I saw him, even if the flashbacks gave me a reason not to, I would always have this feeling of wanting to go to him and makeup. I just couldn't bear it any longer. I needed help.

I texted Jeremy and told him I needed his help. We met at the park, I saw him sitting on the park bench using his phone. I walked over to him, with a blank face.

"Hey Liam, is everything alright?"

"Jeremy... I need your help. I don't know what to do with Jonah"

"Well, tell me what happened"

"This happened at your party. After I left you to find Jonah, I walked up into your room, but what I saw horrified me. Jonah was making out with a random-ass girl. I couldn't comprehend the feelings inside me, all I could do was run away. He gave me so much hope, at first yes I knew he was straight, but as our story continued, that fact was thrown out the window. That hope, I had, it helped me go through so much pain, but after that night, he crashed my hopes down and gave me more pain than anyone did. I didn't even want to talk to him this morning, I was just so... I don't know how to describe it but I just couldn't bear to look him in the eye anymore."

"Well, do you still love him?"

"Of course I do, if I didn't then I wouldn't even be thinking about this so much."

"Then you should trust him. He is human. Every human makes mistakes. No one is perfect. Maybe he just wasn't sure of who he really was. When I knew him he was straight, but when he met you, he started questioning his true identity. He likes you, Liam. He didn't tell me but judging by how he is around you, I can tell. It is really obvious."

"Really...?"

"I'm sure of it"

"Wow... I didn't think of it that way. God do I feel like an idiot right now. I feel so bad, I have to make it up to him. I'm gonna go apologise for what I did. Thank you, Jeremy, for your help."

I ran back home, with lots of determination. Determined that I was going to go back to him. I was no longer mad at him, I want him back.

I arrived home and saw him in the kitchen. I ran up to him and hugged him.

"Jonah, I am so so sorry about what happened. It wasn't your fault. I shouldn't have been angry at you" I told him with croaks in my voice due to my sobbing.

"Hey hey, it's alright Liam. It was my fault too. You know would make you feel better?"

"What?"

"This"

With that, he pulled me in closer and his lips touched mine. This was the second time we kissed. It felt different, the first time was because he was panicking and didn't know what to do. This one, felt like he wanted this. He was longing for the right moment. Maybe Jeremy was right, he did like me. His kiss felt so genuine and sweet, it almost made my soul fly out, until something disrupted it.

"Jonah, are you there?"

"Oh shit! I forgot! Liam, you have to hide somewhere"

"Why? Who is that?"

"It's my friend. I forgot he was coming. He knows about you, and he hates you. Why? Because he is homophobic"

"Jonah! Are you going to let me in before that faggot comes back?"