Origin

Before we continue, I've never actually told you how I met Jonah, did I? Well, there's a reason for that. It was kinda complicated and a little embarrassing. The reason why we met was that I had a crush on him and the way he found out, well, you shall wait and see, and yes, a crush. I lied that I didn't have a crush on him alright? Okay, moving on.

Well, let's go back to when I first met him. Remember I said he had that charm? I wasn't lying. I saw him walking down the hallway and my eyes widened. My heart literally almost came out of my chest just to run to him. I never had that feeling before, like ever. Sadly though, he was the "popular" kid in school, which meant that there was no way I could ever get to him. No absolute way, at all.

Anyways, before I met Jonah, I had two best friends. One of them, you already know him, is Jeremy. Other than him was a friend that I never really talked about after he moved away. His name was Ace, Ace Parker. Before he moved away, he was my closest friend. He understood and knew everything about me. He was the most perfect friend you could ever find. However, him knowing everything about me also meant that he knew who I had the hots for.

He knew I had the hots for Jonah and would always tease me about it. Jonah would, every morning, be at his locker without fail. Ace and I would always walk past him to get to class but while walking past him, this conversation always happened:

"Hey, look who's there by the lockers. It's Jonah," Ace would whisper to me with a tone of true excitement.

"And... your point?"

"What do you mean? Go and talk to him!"

"Hah! In your dreams, Ace!"

"What's wrong? Nervous?"

"N...No? I'm just getting ready for the right time, that's all"

"Mhm, sure you are. Just talk to him already!" 

"No way! Jonah is too popular! How the hell am I supposed to get to him? And plus, he always has an entourage with him."

"But at least try? You know how much of an ally I am and how much I love gay couples. I really want to see a gay relationship in person!"

"We'll see!"

"Fine. If you ain't gonna make it happen, one day I will, and it will work because I am just that awesome!"

"Hmph," I scoffed and rolled my eyes in a joking manner.

After the conversation, I would take a quick last glance at Jonah before entering my classroom. I usually took that conversation as a joke or a tease. I never really thought much into it. Ace was always a joker. He was funny but never really went too far. Other than the annoying teasing, he was the most caring and lovable person I met, other than Jonah of course. He will be there for you no matter what. No matter how many lows you hit, he will always be there for you and would never leave you. However, on a particular day, he decided to be more cheeky than usual, and it was the day I first talked to Jonah. Tuesday, 19th of July 2017.

We were walking to class, past Jonah as usual. I wasn't exaggerating when I said that the conversation happened every single day, because it did happen. Every. Single. Day.

"... his entourage is always with him."

"But try at least? I really want this to happen and see you and him together!"

"You keep telling yourself that."

"How about, instead of telling myself, I show you."

With that, I felt my body being pushed and I lost my balance. I fell down, right in the middle of Jonah and his entourage. I stood back up and looked up to Jonah. My hands became clammy and my heart began to race. I looked back at Ace. He lifted his eyebrows and gestured his head towards Jonah, presumably prompting me to ask him out and so I did. Well, I tried to at least.

"He... hey, Jonah. I... I was just wondering i... if you would like to go out o...one day?" I stammered while trying to keep me cool. Obviously, it was failing.

A confused face stared back at me. He was lost for words, however, his entourage definitely had things to say to me.

"You're asking Jonah out?  You don't know him, do you? Like at all? You know he's straight right?"

"Yeah, even if he was gay why would he go for someone like you?"

"Did he seriously ask Jonah out...?" I heard one person whisper to another.

"Loser!" someone commented before all of them erupted with laughter. 

My face turned bright red. I felt so embarrassed and couldn't take the comments anymore. I ran out of the circle, which felt literally like hell, towards the field, not looking back. I tried to wipe my tears so that no one could see my sorrow but m efforts were in vain as tears didn't stop streaming down my cheeks. I entered the field, ran to the middle of it and dropped to the ground. I sat down and wailed. They were right, I would never be good enough for Jonah. I was just some small and worthless piece of junk. That was when the voices in my head began.

"Loser. Pathetic. Worthless. Weak. What a joke. Trash. What an idiot..."

"Hey, there you are!" I heard a familiar voice approaching me.

Right when that voice spoke, I knew exactly who it was. I didn't want to turn back because I couldn't show my face to him anymore, but he didn't give me a choice. He walked up beside me, sat down and turned to look at me.

"You alright?" Jonah asked in a surprisingly concerned voice.

"Ye... Yeah, I'm fine. Don't worry about it,"

"You sure? You looked like a mess back there,"

"I was just... super embarrassed. I didn't know what to do at that point so I did what I always do with my problems, run away from it."

"Oh... are you kinda emotional?

"Well... kinda. I've just been facing a lot and it's hard to get back up when people around you keep pushing you back down."

"Well, I'm sure it will work out one day. Do you, however, want to discuss it over dinner?"

My eyes widened and my heart stopped. I turned to look at him. He was smiling genuinely, making it sure that he was serious about it.

"Wa... wait! Really? You're asking me out?"

"Well, you asked me out just a couple of minutes ago, why is it weird when I do it?"

"I mean, after what just happened?"

"It's alright if you don't want to. I was just..."

"NO! I mean, yes! I will go for dinner with you!"

"Hah! I knew you would say yes! Alright, let's leave after sunset." he giggled while giving me a sly smirk.

I looked at him and can't help but admire him. His ocean blue eyes, his golden brown hair reflecting the sunlight and his gorgeous smile. He was just a work of art. That was the moment that I first fell for him. We began watching the sunset together before leaving.