Moving In

"Liam, what is that razor doing on your shelf?"

"What razor? I don't see any..."

"Liam, you've got to stop lying to me. I can clearly see it on your shelf. Now tell me why you have it!"

"It's nothing... I just have it laying there from last time. I don't even use it anymore,"

"Ya sure? Show me your wrist, Liam"

With hesitation, I slowly pulled up the sleeve of my jacket, exposing the scar with dried blood.

"Liam! Is that blood I see? Why? Why did you even do it in the first place? Why didn't you call me?"

"I was scared... I didn't know what to do... my mind wasn't mine anymore, my demons took over"

"What demons?"

"My internal demons, after my parents left me, I just spiralled into this hole of sorrow. I was diagnosed with clinical depression, ever since then, I have been fighting for my life internally. A battle that I have to win every single day because if I lose just one battle.."

My eyes became filled with tears, as they rolled down my cheeks. I couldn't speak anymore.

"Wow... Liam... I didn't know you went through so much.. I'm so sorry for your loss"

"It's fine. It ain't your fault." I reassured him with my sobs in between.

Jonah made his way towards me, wrapped his arms around me as my head rested on his chest. I could feel his every heartbeat. At that moment of time, I felt safe, safe from all my demons, Jonah can protect me. He can keep me safe. A small smile formed on my face, and for the first time, this smile was genuine.

"Hey, I'm here to protect you alright? Protect you from all your woes. Always. If you have depression, I'll be your motivation."

With that, he let go of me and we got into the bed to sleep.

The next morning, I woke up, feeling happy for the first time in a long time. When I turned, I saw that Jonah was still asleep. I decided to make breakfast for him. Unfortunately, I'm not a great cook. In fact, I don't even know how to cook at all. I had to look for a recipe on the internet.

I went to the kitchen, wore my apron (I don't even know why I have it if I don't cook) and got ready. I took all the ingredients I needed for French Toast.

"So I need 2 large eggs, milk, salt, maple syrup, vanilla extract, ground cinnamon, bread and butter. I guess I have everything I need already here, I just have to... find them"

I got to work. I rummaged through my entire kitchen just to find all the ingredients I needed. After ages, I finally found them, but at the cost of my kitchen being a complete mess. I have no idea how Jonah is still sleeping after all that ruckus I made trying to find the things I need. He sleeps like a log like seriously. I took out a bowl and the pan.

I mixed all the ingredients in the bowl first, but while whisking, some of the batter splattered on my apron. I swear I was gonna be a mess after this. After mixing, I followed the rest of the instructions. Some of it, I did not understand but I tried my best and after all my efforts, the french toast came out quite decent. I was not sure about the taste though so it was time to wake Jonah up to surprise him.

"Hey, hey Jonah. Wake up"

"Huh?" he tried to say in his morning voice.

"Jonah, I made you breakfast,"

"Woah, Liam. You didn't have to, but thank you so much. That is really sweet of you, and you look really cute in that apron"

I swear I have a problem with my cheeks because I blush too much. After that comment my cheeks flooded with red.

"You're... you're welcome!" I stuttered

He quickly indulged in the food and surprisingly, he seemed to have enjoyed the food. I felt a sense of achievement. Someone actually liked my food. Well, maybe it's beginners luck.

"So, Liam. I was thinking that you are going to be all alone after I leave. No one to protect you here, and I'm scared of what might happen to you."

"Are you... implying something?"

My heart started racing. I felt every heartbeat since it was very hard. I was anticipating what he might ask next.

"I asked my mom and she was fine with it since she knows the reaskn. Now it's your turn, are you find with me moving in?"

My eyes stopped. My eyes widened in shock. He actually wanted to move in. I was relieved. Shocked at first but now, I'm a bit excited. Now, I have someone to protect me at home. I have someone to talk to often.

"Sure! Of course! I don't mind"

"Alright. I'll go home first, grab my stuff and I'll be right back!"

He got ready and made his way back home to grab his stuff. I was back home thinking about all the stuff we could do together. I finally have a roommate, not to mention that he is my dreamboat. However, this means that I cannot have any sharp blades exposed. If I want to keep them, I have to hide them somewhere.

I went around my house hiding all my sharp blades into a secret box. I hid the box somewhere that I know he would never find.

Suddenly, I felt my phone vibrate. It showed, "New text from Jeremy"

"JEREMY?!" I screamed to myself.

"Why is Jeremy texting me?"

I forgot to mention, I have other friends too. One of them is Jeremy. Other then Jonah, he is one of my closest friends I have at school. We have been close friends since we were 5. However, I suspected that he was homophobic. He used some homophobic slangs like faggot. I started distancing myself from him. Fortunately, he didn't seem to notice. I opened my phone and went to his text. When I read it, I stayed rooted to the ground. What he sent, made my heart sink and my face went pale.

"I know there's something going on with you and Jonah. Mind sharing?"