Chapter 9 "The dance"

"You're really going to the dance with Malfoy?"Ginny asked her friend.

"You're the one who told me that it was better not to go with Ron."

"Well it would definitely be better than this."The girl joked.

"It will be fine."

"But it's..Malfoy."

"I know who he is Ginny."

"I mean it's definitely your choice but I really can't understand you."

"It's just a dance and he is doing me a favour."

"As long as he won't  hurt you or something."

"He won't."She answered without second thinking.

And she really meant it.Maybe she was the only one who could see it but Draco had changed,or at least he was changing,to the better.

"Well let's find our dresses then."
_______________________________________

He was really going to the dance with Granger.Why?He had no idea.

For a strange reason,that he couldn't really realize,when she had asked him, saying no wasn't a possible option in his head.

He was all dressed in a black suit and shoes.It felt strange,as the last time  he had worn this he was at his house,with his parents,Voldemort was alive and so was his dad.

He looked at himself in a mirror,he was skinny,white,with black bags under his eyes like yesterday and the day before and probably everyday since the battle.

He put his wand in his pocket and got out of the dormitory.

The corridors were full of students,boys with black suits and girls with colorful dresses all of them full of excitement.

He went up some stairs and then some others until he was outside of the Gryffindor dormitory.

He knocked the painting of the fat lady.

He took a big breath.

The door opened.

"Hi."He said.

He tried not to look that impressed while looking at her.She was beautiful,she really was.

She was wearing a red long dress,without any details,matching shoes and earings and her hair was straight falling on her arms.

"Hey."She smiled.

"Are you ready?"

"Um,yes."She walked out and closed the door behind her.

She gazed at him.

"Shall we?"She asked.

He reached her hand and felt a bit strange once her palm had touched his.

They walked down the stairs not looking at each other.

They heard music and loud voices once they were close to the room.

Their gazes met for a second.

They walked in,still holding hands.

Most of the students were already there,including Harry,Ginny and Ron.

She was so nervous about Ron,she hadn't really told him that she was going to the dance with Draco,she had just told him that she was going with someone else.

God what was she doing?

"Just don't tell me that we have to hang out with your friends."Draco turned to her.