Chapter 22 "Bad luck"

It was Friday evening, Draco and Hermione were sitting in the Gryffindor common room organizing Hermione's birthday.

The brunette was really excited for her party, she was talking about it all week driving Draco crazy but he kind of liked seeing her like this.

The party would take place in the Gryffindor common room as Hermione wanted just her close friends not anything fancy.

"Red decor." Hermione glared at the blond.

"Green."

"It's my party!"

"So what?"

"I don't want anything green or silver here."

"So only red and gold?"

"What are you talking about?" Ron entered the room along with Harry and looked at the other two arguing over colours.

"Nothing." Hermione said taking a seat next to Draco so the boys could seat on the other sofa.

Harry closed the door and moved to the sofa, Ron followed him some seconds later.

"So" Harry started. "What are you doing?"

"Planning my party." Hermione answered.

"Oh so Malfoy will be there too?" Ron asked giving Draco a blank glance.

"Um, obviously?" Hermione replied rolling her eyes.

"Is there a problem?" Draco asked sarcastically.

"What do you think, Malfoy?" Ron glared at him.

"I think it's time to accept the fact that she picked me over you.Or at least keep your mouth shut."

"Draco." Hermione gazed at him.

"No I can't accept it Malfoy." Ron continued. "I can't accept it because you are no good for her, she deserves better."

"Boys stop." Hermione tried again but they paid no attention to her.

"And you're better?" Draco asked, his eyes fixed with Ron's.

"At least I'm not a fucking deatheater! I didn't let my aunt torture her in front of my eyes! I didn't call her a mudblood!" He shouted.

Draco took a second.He breathed, closed his eyes and then opened them again to look at him.He didn't say anything though, he was planning too but he didn't.

He just stood up and turned to leave but a soft hand on his wrist stopped him.

He turned and looked at her, his eyes met hers.

"Leave me." He said flatly.

She kept her hand on his wrist.

"Leave me." He repeated.

She didn't move.

"Hermione, LEAVE ME!" He screamed and she fliched at the sound of his voice.She didn't let his wrist though.

He pulled his hand out of hers so hard and fast that he felt his arm cracking.

He gazed at Ron then, and took a step towards him.

"You know what?" He started, his voice harsh with anger. "She is too good for me.But she picked me, and not you.She danced with me,she hold my hand,she kissed me, not you.And you will never be able to accept the fact that she picked me.So you can go around saying that she chose a deatheater instead of you but you know what?I don't give a shit."

He turned and looked at her, her eyes with no emotion.

"Red and gold sounds good, I'll see you tomorrow." He said and saw a tiny smile on her lips that warmed his frozen heart.