C h a p t e r 7

Maylee Micheals
October 25, 2019
1:20 p.m

"Is there a reason that you two decided to set me up on a blind date?" I looked at both Mrs. Holland and JuJu who held giddy smiles behind me.

"We just want you to have go and have some fun for once. I'm tired of seeing you cooped up in your office." I rolled my eyes placing my diamond studs into my ears.

"I do have fun, but I like to work more." They shook their heads at me before laughing with each other.

"Child you think to much, just go have fun for once. Your work will still be here when you're done." I grabbed my clutch placing my phone, wallet, and lip gloss into it.

"Ya'll sure I look good?" I did a 360 spin still skeptical about my outfit.

I had on a strapless brown body con dress and diamond strapped heels to make the outfit pop. My face was bare from too much makeup only having on lip gloss and eyelashes.

"You look good now go." Mrs. Holland pushed me out the door causing me to scoff.

I don't know where these two was coming from out the wood works, but I knew they had something up their sleeve. You couldn't just have Mrs.Holland and JuJu come with a plan and not have a twist or something.

Pulling into the restaurant I parked my car, sitting there for a minute thinking that I was really finna go through with this date

Pulling into the restaurant I parked my car, sitting there for a minute thinking that I was really finna go through with this date. I was putting everything in their hands and I don't know how to feel about that.

I was so used to being in control of everything that my hands touched. It felt weird having somebody else control what I'm doing and how I'm doing it.

Walking into the restaurant I instantly loved the feels of it. It help painting of African American women laced all on the walls, and small statues scattered across the restaurant. The line in their was ridiculously long, so it was a sign that the food had to be good for it to be this packed on a Monday night.

Looking down at my phone to pass the time to getting to the hostess stand I heard a familiar voice. The voice caused my ears to perk up and me to lift my head up quickly. I knew that voice and I wasn't expecting to hear that smooth raspy voice anytime soon.

Slowly walking with his best friend, I noticed that it was really him. I really didn't believe JuJu when she said he was back because why come back to Dallas if you are doing extremely well for yourself in Minnesota.

"May?" He stopped in his tracks causing Derrick to turn around with a smirk on his face. He stepped to the side giving us our space.

"Damn Austin it's been a while?" I hugged him placing my arms around his neck. He held me close and I couldn't lie and say I didn't miss the feeling of being in his arm.

When we were in a relationship I had to be in his arms every night because it gave me a piece of security and protection.

"How have you been love, you look great?" He licked his lip eyeing me from my feet all the way to my hair. I felt my center start to tingle from the glare that he was giving me.

"I've been doing good. Congratulations to your success. You really deserve it baby boy." It was truly amazing seeing him go out and accomplish his dream. The same dream that he sat and talked to me all night in his apartment.

"I would love to catch up sometime, if that's fine with you." I nodded taking his phone adding my new number into it.

"Expect a text from me tonight, have a goodnight beautiful." He said stepping away to meet Derrick who walked outside.

"Same to you." I bit my lip trying to contain the smile threatening to spread across my face. It felt good to see him again.

I stood in line for 5 more minutes into it was time for me to finally make it to the hostess stand. I gave her a gentle smile, resulting in her doing the same for me.

"Table for one?" I shook my head no.

"I have reservations for Holland." She nodded before leaving the stand to guide me.

"Tonight you will be having dinner in the private room." She explained opening the door in the corner of the room.

"Your waitress will be in here shortly." I nodded walking further into the room looking for the mystery man that I was on the date with today.

I seen a tall figure looking out the window, I analyzed him for a second trying to figure out where I knew him for.

"Damn, you just gonna stare and not say none." He turned around with a huge smile on his face.

All I could think about was how Mrs. Holland set me up and a blind date with her son. I should've known because she never did nothing like this until after the night I met her son.

"My bad, how are you doing?"

To be continued.....