C h a p t e r 21

Zander Holland
January 5,2020
3:00 p.m.

"Twins??!?" I looked over at JuJu wide eyed. Surprise wasn't even the word for how I was feeling right now.

"Can we get a moment?" I asked the woman causing her to nod and walk away.

"Twins?" JuJu screamed throwing her hands up. I wiped my hands over my face frustrated with this situation already.

"I'm tryna figure out where the second one came from." JuJu smacked me across the back of my head causing me to smack my lips.

"You do know it's possible for women to give birth to twins and don't know." I shrugged my shoulders confused about everything going on.

"Well basically one of the babies could be smaller than the other one. The smaller baby could be hidden behind the bigger baby. It is possible for the doctor not to notice or hear the second heart beat."

"Okay. I'm trying to figure out why ole boy only mentioned Zaire?" She shrugged while looking around the place.

"We could get a dna test for both of them." I looked at her like she was crazy before laughing.

"Where are you gonna get her DNA from?" I kept laughing but soon stop seeing JuJu pull something out her purse.

She pulled out a zip lock bag with a small amount of liquid at the bottom with two long q tips in the bag.

"How the hell?" I couldn't imagine how she was able to obtain the spit from Mahogany.

"How the hell did you get that?" She laughed while swinging the bag around.

"Well I was doing a fake YouTube video about us finding out where we came from. I told her that she had to spit in a bag and put two q tips inside. And here we are." She shrugged.

"I gotta plan. Do you trust me?" She asked causing me to look at her as if she was crazy.

"No. But go off." I shrugged watching her smirk while going into the direction the woman went into.

" I shrugged watching her smirk while going into the direction the woman went into

JuJu Sanders

I took slow paces towards the direction of the woman. I tried to get my words together in my head when I found her sitting in the dining room reading a book.

"Excuse me Ms?" She looked up from her book before hurrying up.

"Ms. Dawn." She smiled while holding her hand out to me.

"Ms. Dawn. I wanna ask you about something and I'll need you to explain what that'll mean for adoption." She nodded while gesturing to the dining room table seat.

I sat down placing my hands in front of me. I looked around wondering where the kids were at.

"Would you like something to drink." I shook my head before looking up at her.

"No ma'am. How long have you been a foster mom?" She smiled while looking at me.

"Since I was 25 years old. That was 40 years ago and I'm on my last 2 kids."

"That's amazing. I was wondering how could I go about this situation with adoption."

"Go ahead I'm all ears."

"So my friend was pregnant with the twins but only knew about Zaire. She was abused close to her due date. When she woke up she found out she had a still born but the hospital wouldn't let her see him. Years later her ex came back into the picture pointing us to this direction that they were still alive. Now here I am asking for a friend."

"Wow!" I watched as Ms. Dawn leaned back into her chair with wide eyes.

"I know. My friend life is basically a lifetime movie." I smiled causing her to let out a small laugh.

"Sure is child. Well for this situation we'll need to prove to the state that those are her kids which could take a few months. But, if you got money only a day."

"How much money you talking?" I was ready to give Maylee what was wrongfully taken away from her.

"A couple grand. But we'll need the mother's DNA."

"I already got that covered." I lifted the bag filled with spit causing a shock look to spread across her face.

"It's a very long story Ms.Dawn." She shook her head before standing up.

"First I want y'all to see the twins to see if there is any resemblance to the so called mother and father." I nodded while standing to my feet.

I walked back into the living room to see Zander there standing awkwardly. I laughed out loud causing him to turn and mug me.

"What you done did Ju?" I shook my head laughing causing one of his eyebrows to lift.

"She probably think I'm crazy but whatever. As long as we can get the twins is all that matters. Come on." I waved him over as I began walking towards the stairs.

"Where we going?" She stood there with a confused look on his face. I shook my head at him. Poor baby.

"To see the twins duhh." He immediately followed behind me.

We walked up to a door that was at the end of the hall. It was decorated with paw patrol.

"This is Zaire and Zara's room." Ms.Dawn spoke while opening the door.

I walked in the room noticing the theme was paw patrol all over. In the corner two little kids played with some play dough. They quickly lifted their heads up hearing the door. I felt my heart stop when I seen their faces.

Being their mother twins were and understatement. Both of them had the same chinky eyes, the same lips, the same nose, and the same skin complexion.

"Damn." I spoke to myself turning to see Zander's eyes wide opened.

"Do you have a picture of the mother?"I nodded going to the most recent picture of Maylee in my phone.

"She looks just like my daughter. What's her name?" She laughed while handing the phone back.

"Maylee Micheals." I locked my phone up before looking back at Ms. Dawn.

"Repeat the name for me?" I seen her shaking hand go to her mouth as she sat there in shock.

"Maylee Micheals." Tears fell from her eyes causing me to look in confusion. I looked at Zander and seen him shake his shoulders confused too.

"What about her?"

"This is my granddaughter."