C h a p t e r 15

Bri Holland
December 3,2019
5:39 p.m.

I sat in the dark room thinking about my previous situation and how I handled it. I let my emotions get the best of me causing me to run. I ran which was the only thing that I was good at.

I wasn't meant to be a lesbian. I only did it for the hype and the little pictures of me and JuJu together on Instagram and Twitter. I have love for JuJu but I'm not in love with her.

"Baby? What are you doing sit here in the dark?" I watched as he walked into turning the light on.

He stood against the door frame with his arms folded looking down at me. He had a smirk on his face looking at the clothes I decided to wear. A 2 piece brown silk pajama set.

"Just sitting here thinking. You know how I like to relax." I tried standing to my feet before falling down deciding to stay on the ground. I watched as he walked over to me placing his hands out for me.

"You know you can't get up with that big bump you have. I don't even know why you sit on the ground when you know you can't get up." He laughed before helping me to my feet.

"Mel I'm fine. Thanks for being concerned though." I gave him a quick smile before shaking the back of my shorts off.

"You know my ex used to do that and she fell on her stomach. Killed my son." He shook his head putting his head down. I walked over to him wiping the stray tears falling down his face.

"Baby I'm so sorry for your ex. She wasn't meant to be a mother. But i can't wait for our son to enter the worlds. He'll be our biggest blessing so far." I kissed his lips before going sit back down on the couch.

"I'm going to the burger joint around the corner. You want anything?" He asked while typing away on his phone.

"I want a double bacon cheese burger, large fry with barbecue sauce, with a large Hi-C." He nodded before leaving out the door." He nodded before leaving out the door.

"I love you!" I spoke to no avail, he was gone. I shook my head rubbing my 4 month pregnant stomach. I felt so swole and going to the doctor definitely confirmed why I was so big. We were expecting twins.

I unlocked my phone scrolling through Instagram tapping as I went. I scrolled pass a certain picture that made me scroll back up. It was a picture of JuJu standing with her crutches with a wide smiling woman onside of her along with a child.

I shook my head feeling jealousy creep through my whole body. It was a shame how she moved on from me that quick. To say that you were in love with some, you moved on mighty quick.

I was engaged and pregnant but our situations were completely different. She was with another woman while I was with a man. Two different situations meaning she was a bow for moving on too quickly.

I met JuJu during one of her conventions where she went to different Hbcu's and talked to the women and men looking to be in the model industry. She intrigued me and I don't even know why. I wanted her to be mine and that's when my little game on getting her began.

I talked to her after her speech and the convention was done. I claimed to only wanna be her friend and she declined me claiming she had enough.

Mel also caught my interest but I wasn't tryna get in the way especially when he was on trial. He didn't look my way at all and I really wanted him and would do anything to get him. Let's just say I wanted my cake and to eat it too.

His brother Melvin decided to take the blame for him, which was quite easy considering that the two was twins. Melvin claimed that Mel had to much going on for him just to throw it away for a couple of year.

Finally Mel decided to give me a chance when the trial was over after 4 years of going back and forward and I felt myself falling. The same way I was falling for JuJu.

Here I am now in the thought situation but I brought it to myself. I wanted my cake and eat it too and it didn't work to well for me. I made some tough decisions and here I am now.

Most of family member think I ran away after the incident because that's what I'm known for. Running away when anything gets hard which isn't true for this case.

I needed away to break up with JuJu and I knew just dumping her would leave her heartbroken. So me and Mel came up with the idea to plan a fake shooting. Have it seems like a hate crime and it would be easier. All I have to do was play the distress girlfriend and nobody would expect that to happen.

I knew she had a surprise for me and that's when I decided to attack. I texted Mel our location and told him I'll stall into it get dark and decide to go to the boardwalk. That's when she got shot and boom plan went into action.

I haven't talked to my parents or brothers in a while. I had to just run away because the guilt was gonna consume me and I was gonna snitch on myself.

I decided to leave and go up to New York not only for myself but my growing family. In New York Mel waited for me after he fled from the scene.

Things never go how we plan it to go as children. I did somethings that I wasn't proud off and knew one day it was coming back to bite me in my ass.

But it was all because how I decided to play my cards I was given.