C h a p t e r 23

Maylee Micheal
January 12,2020
8:30 a.m

I sat patiently in my living room waiting for Zander to come over. He mentioned that he needed to have an important conversation with me that couldn't be put off for much longer. I was an anxious mess right about now.

I was kicking my own self in the ass thinking about what I could've did. We weren't even an official couple yet and we already having an important conversation. I kept wondering what I could've did to make him feel like that.

Everything was all good before he went to New Orleans and now we gotta have a 'talk'. I took deep breathes telling myself that i'm worrying myself for no reason.

I sat on the sofa taking deep breathes trying to calm my nerves down. My left leg shook rapidly as I tried to calm my nerves down. A knocking sound erupted through the whole house causing my whole heart tol start beating rapidly. I stood to my feet feeling myself walk on clouds before opening the door. There stood Zander but also JuJu. I held a confused expression trying to figure out why they were here together. I stepped to the side letting them in.

I closed and lock the door as I sat on the opposite couch as them. They held nervous expressions causing my nerves to rise again. We sat there in silence for a few moments before Zander decided that it was time to break the tension in the room.

"What we're about to tell ya isn't the easiest thing to say let alone be told." I nodded while leaning back into the couch. I needed a blunt right about now to ease my nerves.

"We found your son." JuJu whispered. I turned my head quickly towards her not believing what my ears were hearing. They found him?

"What...how...when?" So much was going through my head right now that I couldn't process it. I felt like I was finna pass out as my breathing increased at a rapid speed.

Zander immediatly jumped to his feet rushing over to me. He rubbed my back as he coached me to take deep breathes. I leaned my head on his shoulders feeling tears rush towards my eyes.

I never thought that I would be able to hear those words. Ever since I found out my son was still alive I felt as if I would never be able to find. Anything could have happened to him and I was stuck not knowing what he looked like. I could walk past him right now and wouldn't realize I was looking at my child. My own flesh in blood.

"Baby I need you calm so I could tell you the rest of the infromation." I nodded while playing with Zanders fingers.

"We also found out that you didn't just have a son. You actually gave birth to twins." I looked at her like she was crazy.

"No I only had one child. Everytime I went to the obgyn I only seen one child and heard one heartbeat. There is no way." I shook my head not believing anything that was being said.

"You were actually pregant with twins, Your baby girl was smaller than her brother which made it hard for the doctors to see her. Their hearbeats were so in sync that the doctor couldn't figure out if it was just one ot two." My mouth felt as if it was going dry right now.

Thinking that my child was a still born after being told that by doctors in the hospital. To learning that my child does exist from my ex and that he was sent off to foster care. To learning that I gave birth to two healthy babies and they were shipped of immediatly.

"I have a picture if you want it." I nodded rapidly seeinf JuJu scroll through her phone before standing up reaching the phone towards me.

My eyes scanned the picture looking at two chocolate babies. Borh could be passed of as my twin somehow. My heart broke looking at the picture and knowing that I missed all of their 4 years of life. I could've changed my faith somehow. I could've protected them better if I would've just left. I hated myself right now for trying to play it safe. Playing it safe caused me to be in this situation right now.

I jumped up rushing towards my bedroom upstairs. I rushed straight into my bathroom leaning over the toilet. I let the food remainents in my stomach flow out. Tears streamed out my eyes as I hunched over the toilet.

I felt a hand rub my back as they pushed my hair to the side. I laid back onto the wall looking up at Zander who held a worried face. He sat down on the toilet before pulling me on top of him. He rubbed a warm towel all over my face as he looked at me concerned.

"We have more information but I think you need a break." He rubbed my chin with his thumb before he let my chin go full. He stood to his feet resulting me wrap my legs around his waist, he brought me over to the sink before running the water. I watched as he prepared my toothbrush for me before handing it towards me. As I brushed my teeth he looked at me intently not taking his eyes of me.

"Whatever y'all have to tell me most be important. So I rather hear it right now so I could figure out how I wanna deal with it." He nodded before grabbing my chin into his hands.

"You sure." I nodded seeing that he was looking in my eyes for the real answer. He brought my face towards his before he gave me multiple pecks to my lip before placing his forehead onto mine.

"Remember through whatever....I got you."