C h a p t e r 28

Maylee Micheals
January 12, 2021
8:30 a.m

The sound of loud pots banging and obnoxious loud singing woke me up from my fantastic dream. I squinted my eyes open before turning over and sitting up watching JuJu stand in my door frame making all the noise she could possibly make.

"I ain't get no sleep cause of y'all..... y'all ain't goin get no sleep because of me!" She yelled as she banged my good pans together.

I stood to my feet grabbing the pans from her and throwing it on my bed. The attitude was probably written all over my face.

"Why the hell are you using my good damn pots and stop before you wake my kids up dammit." I rolled my eyes before walking into the bathroom knowing that my breathe was probably on 10 right now.

"Y'all kids ain't here because Zander brought them to Ms. Dawn's house. He left about 2 hours ago. I ain't want wake you up that early so I stayed put until now." She shrugged her shoulders before jumping onto my counter watching me take care of my morning hygiene.

"He ain't tell me or even leave me a note. Niggas." I rolled my eyes already knowing that I was gonna have a painfully long conversation with him later tonight.

"Chop Chop Chop. Hurry ya ass up and put some sweats on or some shit. We got shit to do." JuJu jumped down from the counter rushing me.

"What we gotta do?" She ignored me causing me to roll my eyes. I finished my morning hygiene before I slipped some tights on and put one of Zander's hoodies on. I slipped my feet in some Uggs before leaving my hair in the slick back pony tail that needed to be taken down.

"You look so much like a mom." JuJu laughed before watching me lock up the house. I walked over to the car immediately getting in.

"It's hot as a bitch for it to be January." The heat was too much especially for it to be the beginning of January.

"Well we do live in Texas." She spoke sarcastically causing me to roll my eyes.

"Ya eyes goin end up being stuck as much as you rolling them this morning. Somebody must've pissed in ya cereal." I just ignored her as I looked out the window.

"I've been having weird mood swings lately." I felt my stomach grumble slightly.

"I know what will make you feel better. Food!" She turned into the Chick Fil A line.

"So what we got to do today?" She kept texting on her phone acting like she didn't hear my question. She drove up to the speaker without looking at me once.

"Can I have a ummm.... Two Chicken Biscuits, A medium hash brown with a orange Juice. Can I also have Chicken Minis, a large hash brown with a lemonade."

"Hello?" She looked over at me before laughing.

"We're having a mommy pamper day since we haven't had a day to ourselves in a while." I nodded deciding not to question her anymore. I was just gonna shut up and eat my food.

 I was just gonna shut up and eat my food