Doing Alright / Brian

Tears streamed down your face as you realized the severity of the situation. You couldn't lose your mom. You just couldn't, but the chances were high. She was having a major surgery and you weren't sure she was going to make it.

You sat in an uncomfortable chair in the waiting room. The operation would obviously take hours but you weren't leaving. You were alone for a while but you didn't mind. Brian said that he would be there but you knew he had to finish recording the album,  News Of The World.

You sat alone, trying to comfort yourself. You didn't think that you had ever felt so lonely. You began to cry even more. It was a good thing that the waiting room was completely empty. The nurses stayed in the room next to the waiting one and they couldn't even see in.

You tried to quiet your sobs. It worked pretty well. You kept your head down. Suddenly, you felt two arms wrap around you. Brian. He buried his curly head into your neck and pulled you close.

You pulled away after a few minutes. "Are you ok?" You asked him. He looked at you confused. "Are you ok, darling? You were crying..."

You self consciously wiped your eyes and rubbed your nose. When you looked up at Brian, you could see worry written all over his face. That's when even more tears flooded your eyes. Brian quickly pulled you back to him and held you. He rubbed your back soothingly.

"Shh... shh, my love. You're alright." He whispered to you. "Everything's going to be alright. Now tell me, what's wrong?" You whimpered a bit before looking up at him. "My mom is gonna die." You said bluntly.

"Don't say that." Brian scolded.

"I'm sorry." You mumbled.

Brian took your hands in his and leaned closer to you. "There is nothing to worry about. Your mother will be fine. Trust me, love. You don't have to be anxious. Everything will be ok. You'll be doing alright in a matter of hours."

You smiled up at Brian. You moved his hands so that they were held against your cheek. "I love you, Bri."
Brian smiled down at you. "I love you too, darling."

——————-

"Y/N Y/L/N." A nurse called out.

Your head shot up from Brian's shoulder. You looked at Brian, afraid. He nodded reassuringly at you. You stood up. "Right here." You said awkwardly.

"Would you like to come and see your mother?"

A/N- I know this is kind of a sappy ending. I thought it was sort of sweet. I'm sorry that it was so short. I just wasn't sure how to write it. I'm also sorry for making everybody cry in like every chapter. DaniProblemChild